XIX

Right now I can't breathe, I can't speak, and I can't think. Everything I've known for the past week has been a complete lie. How could I believe them after everything? I want to I just can't.

I looked at my phone after hearing about 5 sounds go off.

From; mitchy 🤗
    Cressi, please call me and let's talk about this

From; mitchy 🤗
     I understand you don't want to talk right now but will you please listen?

From; scooter 😘❣
      You have to believe me babe I had no clue please

From; mitchy 🤗
     I'm here if you want to talk. I'm sorry.

From; kirstie !
      I don't expect you to answer, but I want you to know we're all sorry, and we don't expect you to forgive us.. but if you forgive anyone, it should be Scott. See ya soon :)

I didn't want to answer anyone, so I turned it off sat my phone down. I know if Izzy even bothered to look for me, she would come here, so I had to get out fast. Right now I didn't want to look at her or talk to her or even think about her.

I walked out of the cafe and ran as far away as I could.

Soon enough, I found myself sitting alone in the pitch black world at a park. I was sat by the edge of a pond, starting into the water. I thought about everything. Thinking was my biggest weakness, I hated it.

I just wanted to know why they picked me. I'm sure tons of people came to him with the idea of a fake girlfriend, but why me?

And as happy as I am that I got to meet them, I wished I didn't. Not knowing any of them and never getting closer to Mitch would be so much better than drowning in my thoughts. It would be easier to live in a world of what if than in a world of knowledge. This was torture.

I know what you're thinking; Its only been a week, why are you freaking out?

Well, I don't really know.

It just seemed the world I was content with was crumbling around me and for some reason I didn't expect it to. I thought I would like like this and be happy. It was my fault. How could I expect someone so flawless to actually fall for me? None of it ever made sense.

I would just have to avoid them at all costs. I wasn't ready for this yet. Maybe in a few days they can try to make me over it but right now I'm just over them. Not as much Avi and Kevin honestly because I haven't spoken to them much, but I honestly am disappointed.

I don't know why I expected this to work out.

***

I guess I'd fallen asleep there, because I woke up to the sound of small children running around. I got up and made my way back to our old apartment.

It was quiet and cold. The good thing about having no closet room at Scott's is also that all of my clothes are over here because I just wore his stuff over there.

It would feel so empty here.

Who am I kidding, it's going to feel empty everywhere. My only friends are on tour and I'm not living with anyone right now.

I decide to turn my phone back on and the notifications blew up.

A lot of them were Scott trying to text me, but a lot were from Instagram and Twitter.

People were tweeting me and dming me and commenting relentlessly about that article and about the 'scandal' as it honestly wasn't helping.

I decided to tweet out clarification.

@.callmecressida: yes, it's all true but no, Scott and I aren't broken up and we're all still friends.

The retweets and favorites were insane. People ate it all up. It's like no one had anything better to do than to explode over stupid situations.

That's what I thought anyways, until I realized that's what I was doing..

***

Mitch's P.O.V

I'm honestly freaking out. And also kinda pissed.

"Why did you tell us about her?" I asked Kirstie.

She sighed, "We figured it was better if you guys didn't know because we knew the two of you would be the ones right by her side."

"We see now that it was a mistake, and we should've just told all of you, or never even done it in the first place," she said.

"She hates us now," I sighed, flopping down on the couch on the tour bus.

"No she doesn't, Mitch, she's just upset," Kevin told me.

"No, Kevin, upset is just being silently annoyed, she's mad. I know her, she's my best friend. And knowing her, she's probably off my herself avoiding all human interaction."

"You mean like Scott?" Avi pointed out.

I looked around. I guess he was right. I hadn't seen Scott since last night, and we're all on the same tour bus.

I went to go look for him.

I opened the curtain on his bunk and saw him laying there, his hands covering his face.

"Scotty?" I whispered, nudging him.

"Go away, Mitch," he groaned, turning away from me.

"Listen, Scott, you have to talk to us eventually," I told him.

"Maybe you, but certainly not them. I'll sing for the concert and go to the meet and greets but that's it. I won't talk to them," He hissed.

"You're acting like a child, Scott," I said.

"That's true, but I don't really care," he said, facing me, "I just found out my entire relationship was staged. I'm pissed for that and completely disappointed in myself for the bit about the cafe. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to think of a way to get my girlfriend to forgive me," he shut the curtain.

I understood where he was coming from.

I decided to text Cressida a few time to see if she'd answer, and I dot nothing back.

I guess it's time to make a plan.

***

A/N; this chapter was pretty shit, man. buT I've been side tracked because my best friend and I started talking again and I'm too caught up in her being here.

anyways, it's time to decide!!

Should;

a; Mitch try to get Cressida to himself
b; Mitch help Scott get Cressida back
c; all of them leave Cressida alone
d; Cressida go visit them on tour
e; Cressida go visit her parents back in Texas for a week or so
f; other- comment specifics!!

leave a comment below with what you think should happen! don't forget to vote , also, if you want.

Stay tuned, thanks for reading, and I will talk to you guys in the next chapter!

-ash xx :-)