V

I walk into the cafe to be met with an angry, frantic Izzy running around behind the counter.

"The machines malfunctioning! It won't stop making coffee, and it certainly won't stop spraying it out everywhere!" She yelled, running to get more napkins.

I run back there and drop everything and roll up my sleeves. She returned and started shoving napkins up into the nozzle, but it kept spitting them out.

"What is happening? I'm actually going to scream." She said.

"You already have!"

"Oh..... Well I'll do it again."

I went to unplug it machine when I noticed it was literally already unplugged. How much did she put in there? It usually doesn't do this unless you overfill it. Well, not even then. I don't think this has ever happened in the three years I've worked here.

While she's still probably reading it further, I go out to the center of the cafe.

"Excuse me." I say, getting everyone's attention. "Our machine is malfunctioning extremely, so it will be a long time until we can make and sell anymore coffee. I would appreciate it if, at this time, everyone would exit accordingly and come back in about two hours. Thank you."

People started walking up and leaving. I went back to start helping Izzy again because she was malfunctioning, too. I heard the bell from the door go off. "I'm sorry, we're going to be closed for the next few hours but come back soon!" I yell, while still paying attention to the machine.

"Well, that's upsetting." I heard Scott say from behind me.

"Oh, thank goodness." I go over to him. "Our machine broke, do you think you can help?"

He looked between me and the coffee machine a few times before making an unsettled face.

"Please, Scooter. If you call the rest of your band members up here, ill give all of you coffee and a cookie for free. It's a terrible deal but I'm desperate."

"Okay, but only because if it isn't fixed, I don't get coffee." He chuckled. He went over the the machine and looked in it.

"Oh my god, Texas." He started laughing. "You never emptied it from yesterday so it overflowed and since there was too much for it to handle it started getting rid of it any way it could, putting it anywhere it would go. Exhibit A; the coffee-soaked floor."

"Okay, Scott, I'm actually going to punch you."

"Why are you do violent all the time?"

"Oh, man. I don't really mean it, calm down. It basically means stop doing whatever you're doing because my life can't handle it."

"Oh."

"Honestly, thank you. I don't know what we would've done without you." Izzy said, emptying the filters.

"Our hero!" I fake-swoon. He just laughs and walks over to a table and calls someone.

I go get the mop and begin cleaning up the gigantic mess we had just made. As I was mopping, I thought about the offer id made Scott.

'If you call the rest of your band members up here..'

Which means...? That's right. Mitchell Grassi. I know I just messed up my entire life plans, but it was an honest mistake. I can't avoid him forever.

I finished cleaning up and went to grab my phone when I noticed a text from a random number.

From; *number*
Cressi , can we talk?

I immediately know who it's from. Why does this keep happening? I try so hard to avoid him all my life, and all of a sudden he's in every aspect of it. There's that saying, "You win some, you lose some," but I feel like I'm losing them all.

So I text him back;

To; *number*
what do you want, Mitch?

And I suddenly regret it. I'm actually texting someone I hate and I'm not even hesitating. I don't know what's happening to me, but I get away fast. Scott informs me that he already called everyone and that they would be on their way shortly. I'm excited. I'm so happy that I finally have new, great friends to make up for the great bulk of shitty ones that I've had in the past. I started to talking to Scott about what to do when they got here and both of us were completely brain-dead.

Scott tells me that he and Mitch have a YouTube channel and since its Wednesday and they usually upload on Tuesdays but because of the concert they didn't, he just decided we could do something for it today. We hadn't figured out what quite yet, but we would find something.

Izzy suggested that we play 'Guess The Song.' Where you just play like fifteen seconds of a songs intro then you have to guess it. And the two or three losers would have to let the others post whatever they wanted on whatever social media they want.

It was a fun idea. Scott suggested that he invite his friend Todrick over and he could be the camera man/radio. He gives Todrick a call and sooner or later they all show up.