XIV

Disclaimer; none of the text below is factual. (well, obviously since its a fanfic -- but like facts about their childhood and junk.) like idk how they were when they grew up so yeet

***

After we got the shop set up, we all decided to go out to dinner, courtesy of Mitch and Scott. We chose a small Italian place about two blocks away called Zito's that Kevin recommended.

***
I'm skipping the dinner because I don't want to type all of that out and I'm having writers block lmao
***

"Let's go out to a bar or something." Izzy suggested.

"Izzy, you know I can't drink." I said, crossing my arms.

"Why not?" Avi asked.

"I'm only 20. I'll be 21 in less than a month, but as of right now, I'm underage." I said.

"Hey, it's fine. I don't drink in public settings anyways, so we can chill at your place, or something." Kirstie offered.

"Sounds cool." I nodded.

"I can come too, if you want." Scott asked.

I nudged him a little, "No, go. Have fun with your friends, Scooter. I insist."

We sat and talked for like ten more minutes and then went out separate ways. Kirstie and I walked back to Scotts place, and the others took a cab to a club, I guess.

***

Mitch's P.O.V

We decided to go to a club and I can already tell it's gonna get LIT AS HELL.

It's always fun going out. I'm really down all the time so letting loose with my mains is always a good thing for me. It's really upsetting that Cressida didn't come, though. She would certainly have been the life of the party, she always has been.

I will take my chance, though, to get wasted as hell. It always helps me forget about things. I was a complete alcoholic in high school. Every night it would be shot after shot to forget the terrible person I was.

Tonight would definitely be about forgetting. Forgetting that suddenly my best friend/victim of years is back in my life and that she hates me. Forgetting that she fell in love with my best friend. Forgetting that they're together and that she'll never look at me the way she looks at him. Forgetting that I made the biggest mistake of my life all those years ago, and now it's finally catching up to me.

I aim to just wipe out the past week and act like it never happened. That was always the plan. I threw away the parts of my life that were complete shit when I got drunk. It's like it never happened, so I get away for a while. I act like my life isn't a gigantic piece of shit.

We arrive at the bar and go in.

I start off with three strawberry martinis right in a row. I'm a slight lightweight, so it's easier to get me drunk than it is others.

Next I go to straight tequila shots. Sure, they're not easy to get down and they taste terrible, but they do the job. After about for-ish of those, I'm completely out. I couldn't walk without falling every two feet, and no one knew what I would do next. It was a distasteful waiting to happen.