Chapter 5.

After school, Jimin waited outside the gates of the campus for you, like yesterday. He smiled brightly at the sight of you. You felt your heart literally turning into goo. You jumped into the car and saw Jimin pouting in the corners of your eye, possibly because you didn't hug him before entering.

The two of you went to grab a quick snack before heading back home, since Jimin couldn't spend much time with you today due to his meeting with some old friends. Even though he couldn't be there hanging out with you in person, he made sure to keep contact with you almost at all times. You wondered if he was even paying attention to his friends.

While you were doing some work for school, Jungkook suddenly texted you saying that he was coming over. Upon reading the text, your eyes grew wide and you started scrambling to hide all of Jimin's stuff before he got here. But alas, Jungkook was already standing outside your door when you got up to throw Jimin's bags in the closet.

You sighed when you saw Jungkook walk into your room, already knowing that you'll be meeting your doom. Jungkook's eyes widened and jaw fell to the floor when he saw someone else's belongings, specifically a male's, more specifically Jimin's. You dropped the bags and plopped down on the bed.

"I knew you two were close but I didn't think...," His voice trailed off. You buried your face into the pillows as Jungkook's voice slowly crescendoed, "Care to explain?"

You got up and patted the bed sheet, signalling him to come sit down next to you.

"Jimin's parents are out of town for a while and he has nowhere to stay, so he's staying here with me," You muttered.

"And so out of all places in the house, he's sleeping in the same room as you?"

"Yes?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes.

Quickly trying to change the awkward atmosphere, you questioned Jungkook's reason for coming over in the first place.

"I can't visit my best friend?" He remarked.

"Tsk, tsk. I should've told my mom to not open the door for you."

Jungkook pouted. You rolled your eyes and texted Jimin to see if he was going to be home soon. Jungkook was on your computer, playing games as usual.

"Y/N-ah, is Jimin good to you?" Jungkook suddenly asked. You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Yes. Why?"

"I don't know, it seems you've been in a whole different dimension lately. He's a really lucky guy," Jungkook said, his eyes not leaving the computer screen.

"I'm not ignoring you okay? You're still my best friend," You reassured him.

"I know, I know. If he's ever not good to you, tell me and I'll scold him immediately okay?" You smiled.

"Okay, manly man."

You and Jungkook went out to eat some spicy rice cakes at a nearby stand after what seemed like hours of playing games and watching movies. As usual, you told the sweet lady running your favorite stand your order and sat down at a table with Jungkook.

"It feels like it's been forever since our last 'game-and-tteokbokki' day," Jungkook sighed. You laughed softly.

"Sorry Kook-ah, I've been too busy with school," You smiled.

The lady brought out your food as you and Jungkook continued your conversation. Before you even knew it, the sun had set and you two finished three plates of rice cakes plus a stick of fish cake. You paid for the meal and off you two went back to your house.

Once you got home, Jungkook jogged upstairs to grab his stuff and get back to his own home before his mom yelled at him for being out so late. Meanwhile you, slowly made your way up to your room after greeting your parents. When you got up there, you saw Jungkook rushing to leave.

"Woah, calm down there," You said. Jungkook stopped for a moment and scratched the back of his head.

"Ah, I have to get going, see you later!" He continued to rush out the door. Before he left, you tried to say, "Be safe!" but he probably didn't hear.

You entered your room to see Jimin laying sprawled out on your bed, playing a game on his phone.

"Welcome home babe!" Jimin shouted at the sight of you. You gave him a confused look.

"This is my home, sweetie," You remarked. Jimin turned off his phone and focused all of him attention on you.

He had a sly smirk on his face, which gave you a weird feeling that he was up to something. You exited the room to change into more comfortable clothes and take off your makeup.

When you came back, Jimin was still in the same position, still playing games on his phone. You walked over to one side of the bed and tried to lift up the blanket to roll Jimin over to his spot that he claimed on your bed. Being the muscular person he is, you failed.

"Jimin-ah, move, I need space to sleep too," You complained. He looked up from his phone and moved over slightly, probably just enough for you to fit.

You rolled your eyes but climbed in anyways. He turned off his phone and set it aside, then turned towards you.

"Hey babe. Wanna hear a story?" Jimin grinned like a child on his birthday. You had a confused look on your face.

"What... did you break something?"

"No it's actually pretty funny."

"Okay..." You were skeptical about his idea of a 'funny story.'

He lifted your head and placed it on his arm, pulling you closer before starting his story.

"Earlier when your friend and you came home, he ran upstairs to get his stuff and saw me sitting here, and he had the best look on his face. It took everything in me to keep myself from laughing. I simply said, 'well hi there,' and he ran out the door as if he saw a ghost."

You didn't realize that you had a huge smile on your face until his short story ended. Jimin pecked you on the cheek and continued, "He knows I'm no harm right?"

"I don't know actually. Jungkook only found out today that you were staying here with me."

"Tell him I'm thankful for him. For keeping my girl company and being by her side. Okay?"

"Okay."

And with that, you drifted off to a pleasant sleep, knowing that now the two most important guys in your life won't be at each other's necks.