Chapter 8

Shadow was running through the woods. He didn't know where he was going, but it was better than sitting around. Subconsciously, the black hedgehog knew where he was going. His home.

He thought that maybe, maybe, she would be there and that this was just a sick joke. That maybe she would just be there sitting in her favorite spot on the couch. Or coming out of the kitchen with cookies saying, "What took you so long?"

He wished so badly to have his mate and love of his life right there. But it was not so.

When the black hedgehog arrived he burst through the door and looked around. He saw nothing and the only sign of life was he himself. That's when he broke down.

He flipped the table in his rage and sent everything on it flying. Including Amy's favorite vase. It fell what seemed like slow-motion to the ground. When it hit the floor pieces flew everywhere. Shadow watched as it did this.

When everything seemed to speed up again it was too late to save the vase. He started to remember how they got the vase.

~Memory in Shadow's POV~

Rose and I walked around the board walk in Virginia. We were on out honeymoon and were looking at all the colorful shops.

We walked past a vase store and my newly married wife stopped. She looked at the store window with awe.

"Rose?" I asked. "What do you see?"

She turned to me and smiled. Then she pointed at the window. I looked at what she pointed at and smiled. It was a vase that looked a splash from the ocean waters we swam in earlier that day.

"Isn't it gorgeous?" she said. I smiled at her.

"Would you like it?" I asked her. My Rose's eyes lit up like kid in a candy store.

"Yes please!" she said in the most excited tone a 23-year-old could. I laughed and grabbed her hand. We walked inside and bought the vase.

~End of Memory and Shadow POV~

He looked at the pieces do shattered glass on the floor.

"Rose," he whispered to the wind. "Why did you leave me?" His voice started to pick up. "Why did you go?! Where are you?! What are they doing to you!?" He could start it no longer. His anger had to be released.

"ROSE!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. His anger got the best of him and large tremors ripped through his body. He was shifting and he knew it. He didn't hold back either. Shadow just ran outside and let it happen.

His bones spanned and his fur thickened. His gloves ripped open and large paws started to form. His snout lengthened and his tail grew. Everything about him changed, even his color. Usually he was black with a white underbelly that went up to his chest. Now he's pure black.

Then it was quiet. The new black wolf, with its head to the ground, slowly lifted. As he did so, an ear splintering yet beautifully sad howl was let out. Then he was gone.

•••••

Everything from this point is back to normal. Thank you for bearing with me. Write to you later my Stars!