[10] Sin of Wrath

~Hitomi's POV~

I walked into the bustling bar and looked around. No Holy Knights. It seemed safe enough. Of course, there was a board of wanted posters, but I had already taken down the military base that supplied the city with Holy Knights, so any stragglers who hadn't been caught in my attack were bound to be weak and easy to finish. I pulled down my hood and heard a gasp from everyone in the bar. Almost immediately, people began to run out of the bar. All except for the young-looking bar tender.

I knew his face too well from the wanted posters, and from my brother talking about him. He was Meliodas, the sin of wrath. I walked over to the bar and sat down.

"You seemed to have scared away all my customers," he said smiling, cleaning a beer mug.

"I hope you don't mind, Meliodas," I smiled back. "Remember me?"

"Ha! How could I forget? You were Little Gil's puny little sister," he laughed.

"Not so puny any more, am I?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Indeed."

He put a bottle of sake in front of me and continued to clean his bar.

"This is a nice place you got here," I remarked, beginning to drink the sake.

"Isn't it?"

"... Listen, Meliodas. I need your help. I want to destroy the Holy Knights and all that they stand for!" I exclaimed, earning a glance.

"Isn't Gil in the Holy Knights, though? You want to destroy your brother?" Meliodas asked curiously.

"You don't understand!" I yelled. "Gil would never hurt innocent people! He'd never use the power of demons to become stronger! The real Gil would never go along with what the Holy Knights are doing now."

I felt my eyes begin to tear up, but I held it back. I didn't want to look weak in front of Meliodas. He stared intensely at me.

"I have a spare bedroom upstairs that you can sleep in," he said. "Go wash up."

I stood up stiffly and went up the stairs into the bathroom. I washed my hands and face and then walked into the spare bedroom. Taking off my cloak, I climbed into bed and pulled the warm covers over me. I hadn't realized how tired I was. I guess running about 2,000 miles and taking down a military base all in the course of a 5 and a half hour period really took a toll on you.

I hope Meliodas considers my offer. I can't do it without the Seven Deadly Sins, I thought to myself, before drifting off to sleep.

~In the Morning~

When I woke up, the entire building had moved to a new countryside. I decided not to ask. I heard the yells of angry Holy Knights from downstairs and sighed, wondering what Meliodas had gotten into. I pulled on my cloak and put the hood over my face, slowly descending the stairs. I stopped when I saw a broken suit of armor and a few Holy Knights yelling at it. Meliodas was looking a bit perturbed. I decided to let him handle this.

~Around 10 minutes later~

I watched Meliodas come back inside the bar. He took the girl out of the suit of armor. I gasped silently. It had been awhile, but I could tell who it was. Princess Elizabeth. She started begging Meliodas to help her fight the Holy Knights. I sighed. Of course, Meliodas will listen to her, not me.

I decided to take my leave. Of course, I knew that Princess Elizabeth was weak on her own, but she'd be fine with the rest of the Sins. It was irritating, how someone so weak could convince others to follow her. I, who had been training for years and years, couldn't even get a straight answer from Meliodas. I ran upstairs and jumped out the window.

"I suppose I shall meet them again, when their forces are stronger," I said, beginning to Fast Travel to the next big city which, luckily, was only 800 miles away. I decided to destroy a few Holy Knight bases before the day was over, so that my anger and irritation would fade.

A/n: Hey! Sorry for the short chapter. Wattpad has multimedia options now! I'm so excited!!!!! Anyways, if you like this story, feel free to vote, comment, and follow! (I'm kinda not sure where I'm gonna take this, now. I really don't know what to do, so it may take me awhile to update.) Never fear! I'll finish this story eventually. (I hope)