[3] First Training Session

A/n: Alrighty. I have a (hopefully) official schedule for updating. I will update every Sunday and Thursday, starting today. (I even have this down on my phone's calendar, so I won't miss it!) I'll start doing this for all of the stories I wish to update. Then, hopefully, I'll be a more dependable author for you guys! And I promise, if I skip a day, I will make up for it with two chapters the next day. Anyway, let me allow you to read the next chapter!

~The next morning~

"Hitomi-chan, wake up! We've gotta jog to the castle every day, now, remember?" Gil shook me. I sat up immediately.

"Right! Got it! I'll be down in a minute! Wait for me, onii-san!" I yelled as he walked out of the room and closed the door. "Alright! Today, Gil's gonna train me! I can't wait to learn how to fight. I learned how to cook yesterday, from Princess Veronica. Oh, I'm gonna learn so much!"

I quickly got ready and bounded down the stairs. Gil was waiting patiently for me at the front door. As soon as he saw me, he opened it up and allowed the bright sunlight to illuminate the entryway.

"Ready?" he asked.

"You bet!" I exclaimed, getting a head start. "First one to the castle wins!"

"Oh, so that's how you're gonna play?" Gilthunder challenged. "Good luck, Hitomi-chan!"

He ran far ahead of me, keeping a steady pace. I sped up, trying to catch up to him, but my energy burst was fleeting. I soon slowed down to a comfortable jog. Damn it! I guess I need to work on my endurance running.

~At the castle~

"I won, Hitomi-chan. What's my prize?" Gilthunder teased.

"Your prize?" I asked. "You get to train me!"

"Oh, wow. What a prize," Gilthunder said sarcastically, but smiled. "Just remember, we still have to keep an eye on the princesses while we train, okay?"

"Okay!"

~Time skip to training~

"First, we'll start off by building up your strength. If you don't have the strength to throw a few good punches, or swing a heavy sword, you'll be down for the count before I can count to three. We'll do three sets of 15 pushups, two sets of 30 sit-ups, planking, and side planking. Think you can handle that?" Gilthunder asked. I stared at him, a bit stunned and less excited then before.

"I-I think so. I'll give it my all!" I said.

"That's what I like to hear. Now, do you even know how to do a push-up?"

"Uhhhh... no."

"Oh, dear."

~Time Skip~

"Now that we're done with our warm-up exercises," Gilthuder stood up, wiping the sweat from his forehead. I was nearly passed out on the ground.

"THOSE WERE OUR WARM-UPS?" I exclaimed. I'm gonna die of exhaustion before this training's done.

"Don't worry. The warm-ups are the hardest part of training. Now, I'll show you proper stances, how to punch, and how to kick. Think you're ready?" he asked.

"You bet I am!" I yelled, jumping up, and flinching from the soreness of my muscles.

"Great. Well, here goes."

~Time Skip (there are gonna be a lot of these this chapter)~

"Hitomi onee-san, are you almost done? Elizabeth and I want to go to the creek," Princess Veronica said.

"The creek? Isn't that outside the castle?" Gilthunder asked.

"Uhhh... no?" Veronica lied.

"You aren't allowed outside the castle. If you were to get injured, it would be mine and Hitomi's faults. Sorry, but I will not allow you to go outside," Gilthunder said in an intimidating voice. He was very commanding.

"Fine," Veronica pouted.

"It's okay, Veronica-sama. We can go to the koi pond in the garden after I'm done. I'm almost done, right, onii-san?" I asked Gil.

"Yeah. We'll just spar one more time, and then I'll let you go," he said.

"Okay!"

~Quick Time Skip~

"You three be safe! I'll watch over Princess Margaret," Gilthunder said. It seemed as though he might have a crush on her, but who were I to know? I thought they'd be a mice couple. Of course, I'd never tell my brother that. He'd probably beat me!

"Alright, Veronica-sama, Liz-chama," I said, "Wanna race?"

"Hai! Let's go, Elizabeth!" Veronica called. Since Elizabeth was smaller, she was having trouble keeping up. Veronica carried her on her back and kept running along with me. She was surprisingly strong.

"Alright. We're here!" I announced. "We already picked all the berries yesterday, so what should we do?"

"I had some servants set up a picnic," Veronica said proudly. "They brought out the berry pies we made yesterday. There are three of them, so we can all have one."

"But those pies were huge!" I exclaimed as we walked over to the picnic blanket.

"I know. So we'll all chow down, and whatever we don't finish, we can save for later. You ust be hungry from all that training," Veronica said, grabbing a fork and knife. As if on cue, my stomach growled. I hadn't had breakfast, and it was already well-past lunchtime. I suppose a berry pie would be a good and healthy meal.

"Alright. Itadakimasu!" I yelled, and began eating the pie with my hands. Elizabeth and Veronica both laughed as the berries smeared across my face. I ended up finishing the entire pie in 20 minutes.

"What's going on over here?"

I turned around to see my brother standing over me, with Princess Margaret at his side. When he saw my face, a bright smile came over him.

"I see you've been eating well. Perhaps if you got up earlier, you would have time for breakfast," he suggested, taking a hankerchief and wiping my face with it. "Nearly time to go home, Hitomi-chan. Ready?"

"Awww, but I don't wanna!" I whined.

"We'll come back on Monday. Tomorrow is our only day off. We should enjoy it, should we not?" he said.

"Fine. You're right," I pouted, getting up. The sun was slowly setting over the horizon. "Bye Veronica-sama, Liz-chama. See you Monday."

"Bye, Hitomi onee-san!" they said in sync.

"Goodbye, Hitomi-san, Gilthunder," Princess Margaret smiled. Gilthunder bowed like a gentleman.

"Until next time, Margaret-sama," Gilthunder said.

We headed home, jogging the entire way there. I was so tired, I didn't even want to have dinner. I just wanted to rest in bed and sleep in. I hoped that Gil didn't have to train tomorrow, but he probably did. I sighed, but smiled. At least I got to train with him today.

And there's always more things I could do tomorrow...