20

Colson

Instead of splitting up building by building we ended up splitting up floor by floor searching throughout the buildings to find Leah. We were on our 3rd building and there was still no trace of her in any of them. What if we were wrong? What if she wasn't even here anymore?

I prayed in my head and tried not to focus on the negative. I'm going to find Leah. I have to for the sake of her and our childs life. I approached another floor and could see what I thought was a dim light coming from the very end of the hall. I ran down not worrying about the other rooms. I entered the room to see Leah tied up tightly to a chair and the dim light wasn't a light at all it was fire.

"Leah, baby! Wake up! Its me! Its Coslon." I said trying to free her.

I almost had her free before I was blindsighted. A man came out of no where and jumped me. We started fighting and my gun flew across the room. He had his hands around my neck and started feeling around trying to find my gun. I grabbed for it but it was stolen from my hand.

Drake

I had just made it onto the next floor when I heard a commotion coming from one of the rooms at the end of the hall. Right before I entered the room I heard a gun shot. I ran into the room with my gun drawn. I must of took the man by surprise because he froze and he pointed his gun right at me. I didn't take a chance I shot him in the head. He fell back and landed on Kells.

I then pulled his dead body off of Kells. He had been shot close range in the side. My attention went from him to Leah. I had to think of who to save first. I grabbed Leah and threw her over my shoulder and ran out the building that was now almost completely engulfed in flames. I saw the other guys and ran her over to them.

"You got her!" Slim yelled

"Where's Kells!" Dre questioned

"He's, he's still in there." I chocked out

"What I gotta go save him!" Slim cried

"You can't. You don't even know where he is. Take Leah, call an ambulance. I'm going back in." I said taking off back into the burning building.

I was stupid for going back. The smoke was thick and black and for all I knew Kells was probably died and I was probably gonna died too. But I took the chance anyway. If I died trying to save him than at least I would go out knowing I was trying to do the right thing. All I could think about was Leah. I couldn't let him died like this. I had to get him out.