~9~

The next morning, Johnny and I made breakfast, me teaching him how to cook on the stove, throwing up occasionally at the smell of cooking eggs.

“This is going to be harder than I thought,” I muttered, cleaning my mouth, before heading back into the kitchen from the bathroom.

“Well, they say that the first few months are the hardest,” Johnny said.

“Yeah,” I said. I looked over at the eggs and nodded in approval. “They look great, I'll have to teach you how to scramble one of these days.”

“Okay,” Johnny said, before making plates for everyone. I helped him make the table, putting a piece of toast on each plate with some fruit.

“Something smells good,” Soda said, walking in with his DX uniform on.

“Johnny's been helping me make you guys breakfast. He wants to learn how to cook, so I can take a break every once in a while,” I explained, pouring cups of chocolate milk for everyone else, wanting some orange juice with my breakfast.

“Oh, that's nice of ya, Johnny,” Soda said.

“Thanks, Soda,” Johnny said, smiling happily. The three of us sat at the table, Darry and Pony joining us a bit after. We enjoyed a quiet breakfast, before Steve and Two-Bit walked in, having a heated argument about something. I don't remember what it was, mainly because I was trying to keep my toast down.

“Can you two not come in here squawking?” I asked, rubbing my temples, feeling my head begin to throb.

“Yeah, come on guys, it's 6 in the morning,” Darry said, heading into the kitchen from the bathroom. Both boys muttered apologies and sat down to eat.

“Thank you,” I said, before taking some sips from my glass of orange juice.

“Hey, you alright, kid? You're looking a little out of it,” Two-Bit asked, looking at me. I must have looked like hell, as Steve and Pony looked at me too.

“Sis, you okay?” Pony asked, looking concerned.

“Hm? Yeah, I'm okay…we'll talk about it later. You guys better get going soon,” I said, not wanting to tell my kid brother the news just yet, he needed to focus on class.

“Okay,” Pony said, finishing up his food, though he seemed to still be worried about me.

“How about you lay down after you finish eating, sis,” Darry suggested, eating his food.

“Yeah, I'll do that,” I agreed.

“Don't worry about the cleaning. I'll take care of it,” Johnny reassured, rubbing my back a little.

“Thanks,” I said, before drinking a little more orange juice. Steve and Two-Bit made their plates and ate quickly, before leaving with Soda and Pony. Darry checked the time, finished up his food and headed to his room to grab what he needed for work.

“Okay, I'm headin' out, you guys okay?” Darry asked, heading to the door.

“We'll be fine, Dar. Have a good day at work,” I said, waving at him tiredly.

“Yeah, we'll be fine,” Johnny reassured.

“Alright,” Darry said, before leaving the house. I tried to eat a few more bites and left the table, walking back to my shared bedroom. I laid down on the bed and groaned a little. Earlier months of pregnancy suck, from experience, it's like a period, but ten times worse. Not only are you sick all the time, but you cramp even worse and are just drained. I could feel a bad cramp happening and rolled over a little, before hearing soft footsteps walking into the room.