Engagement

//For my amazing bae reignofshady //

Meet me down by the waterfall at 8:30, surprise for you

-Marshall

You feel like it's middle school again, keeping that yellowed scrawled on piece of paper close to your heart like one passed to you from your crush. You have gotten yourself ready by this point opting for causal. You choose your sable skinny jeans with a white shirt with a picture of Nas on it because of your devotion to east coast hip hop. And you topped it all off with Timberlands, bad arse with a touch of originality. Your hair was behind you in a ponytail, your makeup virtually nonexistent other than the small bit of eyeliner.

Yup, you were ready.

You jumped inside your car excitedly psyching yourself up by blasting "Izzo (H.O.V.A)" by Jay-Z as you blasted downtown. It was lightly drizzling but you did not care, you were on cloud nine. The downtown square looked so cute and modern with the golden glow from restaurant and store windows as people of every type of race, size, sexuality and age enjoyed and made their own memories. Yours started in a few minutes.

As you drove downtown, the Jay Z track had switched over to a Missy Elliot song making you a little sad you had to leave it. You exit your car, toting your little black Coach purse. You walk to the all dark water fountain. There was a concrete bench, but no Marshall.

It was odd, usually the water fountain lights were on with a vast repertoire of colors. But not tonight. And once again, your boyfriend of 2+ years was nowhere to be seen.

A little disappointed, you began to wait for ten minutes checking Facebook. Then, a sickening realization takes over as you realize he might have been planing something that was not as good as you hoped. Or to set you up.

You wait for at least twenty five minutes, he knew how impatient you were. Maybe he had fans holding him up? Maybe he had an emergency meeting? Maybe he was just being difficult and decided not to come? You were getting cold and thanking God it stopped raining earlier.

As the thirty minute mark hit up, on the far right stretch of the forty foot waterfall, it started to glow a deep wisteria. Then the start of "Flashing Lights" by Kanye West started up. Your heart burst as you walked towards it slowly. Then the light was gone but the song remained on. The wisteria lights traveled around the large water fountain premises.

Then, as the chorus took it's hit, a firework exploded across the sky in a beautiful bit of cyan and gold. You wanted to cry.

All the lights then came on as the water fountain squirted up water on different bits of the brilliantly produced beat.

And just as it seemed to be perfect, a tall dark yet blonde figure stepped through the center of a Red Sea style parted bit in the fountains. It was Marshall.

The music got louder as another firework exploded across the sky

The music got louder as another firework exploded across the sky. You have garnered and crowd at this point and having everyone stare and take photographs would normally be strange but in that moment you loved it dearly.

It got quieter as Marshall leaned in to speak.

"You know, ____. I've been doing some pretty hardcore thinkin' about our relationship. And I, I realized how much I love you. And how much you mean and matter to me. Without you, there is no me, baby. So, would you make me the luckiest man in the universe and be-"

As he pulls out this gorgeous gold ring on one of his knees, you realize how much you're crying.

"Mrs. Mathers?"

"Um, yes!" You scream in happiness.

The crowd goes crazy as the beat mixes again and there's multiple fireworks. Notorious B.I.G.'s part of "Mo Money Mo Problems" goes on extra loud and with extra bass, Marshall knowing it was your favorite song.

Everyone started to dance as Marshall puts it on you as he pulls you close and spins you around, all the colors, lights, hip hop and all making everything feel dream like.

As he wraps one of his hands around your waist and proudly presents you to the extremely packed audience, you suddenly realize your life could not be more fortunate, important or memorable....