After School *Short Imagine*

You are a freshman in high school in the late 1980's. You hold onto your thighs as you begin to stare at the last person exit the building. Snow had closed down your school for a half the third time this month, how could you not be even just a bit annoyed by it all?

Your mother wouldn't be there for at least another thirty minutes and you knew you couldn't walk home in all this. school felt emptier, colder than before. You gull down some water from your hot pink plastic bottle as it rests on the carpet.

"So, _____, when's your mother coming?" An administrator asks you as you shrug. You can't call home, you can't really do anything. They leave you inside the building and walk out to go home. You wish it was the future so you didn't have to deal with big clunky cell phones all the time.

"Hey!" A short, skinny little kid clad in a hoodie, jeans and holding a Walkman sat by you. You've never seen him before, must be a float away in the halls. It seems as if he's drawn to you, though as he walks over and sits by you in the corner of the room.

You roll your eyes as he tries to strike up a conversation, but his words fall upon deaf ears. You fiddle with your fingers until he finally shuts up and asks about you.

"What do you want to know?" You ask him, hoping he'll get over talking to you quickly. The boy did have lovely eyes, bright and blue. Shimmery underneath the fluorescents.

"Why aren't you gone? Like the rest of them?" He inquired as you shrug.

"Can't, my mom can't pick me up soon enough." You say and he nods in agreement.

"Yeah, I feel you. My mom don't even want me to come back." He said and you take pity in him suddenly. You ask what's on his tape and he tells you names you've never heard of, NWA, Public Enemy etc. You sit and make a mental note to listen to them later. He's funny and seems nice, and you feel as if your going to remember this forever.

"Hey, I'm Marshall. You?" He asked as a blue Buick come up to the curb. It's your mother.

"______. And why does it matter? Won't you forget me?" You inquire as you pick up your belongings. He follows you out, white snow pelting down on you both.

"How I forget such a beautiful face?" He asked half jokingly and you laugh nervously. As you pile into the backseat, you wonder if you'll ever see him again as he promised. Even if not, you'll still cherish that conversation for the rest of your life...

/kk, short imagine. BUT! I have news. I'm going to be doing a fanfic called Black Power, an interracial Marshall story. But I wanted to wonder when I should upload it. I'm super hype about it and it's basically going to be different than anything I have  ever released. You guys tell me when I should. Catch ya later😉~thebiterphobia\