Chapter Two - Raven's POV

"Just in time for some tea!" Madeline Hatter smiled goofily when Raven Queen stormed into the Castleteria, flustered and slightly angry.

"S-Sure, Maddie," Raven smiled weakly and Madeline happily gave her some tea which she sipped gratefully. The soon-to-be Evil Queen placed her headphones on her ears and played some music with her MirrorPhone.

In the corner of her violet orbs, she spotted Apple White enter the somewhat quiet Castleteria. Her light blue eyes found Raven and she was about to strut over until Briar Beauty, daughter of Sleeping Beauty, grasped her attention instead. Raven sighed in relief when Apple chattered away with her best friend. 

"Something's wrong, Raven, what is it?" Cedar Wood, daughter of Pinocchio, burst out, noticing Raven's worried eyes.

The Rebels table all stared at Rebel leader and she held her breath. She didn't want to tell some Rebel about her true feelings, she only wanted to speak with Cedar Wood and Madeline Hatter. "I don't want to share with the other Rebels," Raven whispered uneasily, casting a nervous glance at the rest of the table.

She heard Cedar take in a large breath and burst out another sentence. "Are you turning into a Royal?" 

Madeline gasped and hugged her best friend, her curly dark magenta, dark turquoise, and mint green hair made Raven almost choke. Madeline pulled away and Raven panted heavily and looked at Cedar than at Madeline. "No, I am definitely not becoming a Royal," Raven said, her violet optics burned with intensity. 

Cedar and Madeline seemed to be holding their breath as Madeline's face with becoming purple. "I-I," Raven was about to spill her secret, until Cedar burst out the last of air she had, gasping for more.

"Haha! I win!" Madeline smiled and clapped her hands, pulling out some more random tea. The two seemed to forget about Raven's big, giant secret and started blabbering about other gossip and news of Ever After High.

The Evil Queen's daughter sighed in comfort and tuned out her two very best friends. She put her headphones back on, listening to some more music. Her violet orbs danced away from her lunch plate and planted on Apple White. She snatched her gaze away from the prepossessing princess, but Apple caught Raven Queen's gaze. Don't come over, please don't come over! Raven thought, praying. 

Luckily, Blondie Locks, Goldilock's daughter, seized her attention. Then, lunch was finally over, but the loudspeaker started speaking. "EVERYONE HEAD TO THEIR DORMS IMMEDIATELY!" the voice seemed shaken up and nervous. 

The atmosphere of the Castleteria changed drastically within a few heartbeats. Everyone was screaming and Apple was making sure everyone was okay. "What's going on?" Raven asked, but no one answered her question and ringing began in her ears. 

She followed the crowd, out of the Castleteria and to each of their dorms. Raven scrambled up to hers and opened it, collapsing on her bed. She started panting and her vision was blurred. What happened? 

Raven blinked a few times, her eyesight becoming clearer and she scanned the room. Nothing was stolen, except for a person. Apple White was gone. Maybe Snow White's daughter was checking on everyone, making sure no on was hurt. Or she was the victim. 

"Oh no, this is fairy bad. I need to find her," Raven got up and started to prowl around in the halls. She checked each corner, bracing herself for some bloody mess or someone screaming. But, there was nothing, no trace of Apple or any person. 

Panic started to rise in Raven's throat, but then there was a muffled noise. She touched the door where the sound was coming from, the wood doors seemed scratched like someone was struggling. Raven grabbed the smooth doorknob, twisting it. The door opened, revealing a sight she wanted to forget. 

A girl with raspberry-colored hair and light purple streaks stared at her with striking violet optics, just like hers. She was holding Apple captive, a cloth around the princess's mouth, keeping her from talking. 

"Oh, Raven Queen, it's a pleasure to meet you," the girl holding Apple prisoner hissed, narrowing her orbs into slits. 

"W-Who are  you?" was all Raven said, she felt like her heart was going to pop out of her chest any second.

"I am Mira Shards, the daughter of the magic mirror," the mysterious and threatening female said, introducing herself quite kindly. 

"The daughter of the magic mirror, that's kind of dumb," Raven said, she didn't know the magic mirror could even have a daughter!

Mira frowned, tightening the cloth around Apple. There were some more masked sounds coming from the two closets, making Raven jump in fear. 

"W-Who do you have in the closets?" Raven stammered, attempting to keep her voice strong, but ended up failing miserably. 

Mira Shards cackled, which sounded awfully familiar to Raven, and she lifted up her fingers. There was a purple aura around her hand and she grinned evilly up at Raven. "I am doing you a favor, daughter, one that you won't forget," Mira whispered and touched Apple softly on the cheek.

"NO!" The Evil Queen's child shouted, reaching towards Apple although it was too late to save her. Mira somehow disappeared and melted away. Apple fell to the floor, her eyes still full of life. Before Raven could save Apple, she opened one of the closets. Cerise Hood, daughter of Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf (a long story), fell to the ground, next to Apple.

"When did I become the grandma of Little Red Riding Hood!" Cerise yelled, easily peeling over the weak cloth off her mouth.

Raven chuckled and crept towards the other closet and opened it. Cedar Wood came falling out, following the same process as Cerise. "Who was that?" Cedar asked, panting and looking around frantically, fearful that Mira Shards will return.

Cerise shrugged and looked down at Apple, biting her lip. "She just came into our room, with Apple's mouth and wrists all tied up in that nasty cloth. She was obviously in a rush because she just locked us in the closets, loosely tying our mouths and wrists," Cerise explained the scenario to Raven.

"She said her name was Mira Shards, daughter of the magic mirror," Raven told Cerise and Cedar who she was. 

"The magic mirror has a daughter?" Cedar looked confused as well as Cerise.

"No, she is hiding her identity. She really is..." Raven trailed off.

"She is?" Cerise prompted.

"The Evil Queen."