So began an hour long of ball throwing into a wooden basket to get the plush. It was the only stand with that specific toy and there was only one, but the odds were against her from the very beginning as Jace apologetically pointed out. With the angle the baskets were positioned, the trajectory of the ball was destined for failing and even if it, by a chance of luck, went in and didn’t bounce out, there was another set of concepts that stopped the player from winning the bigger prizes.

As stubborn as Krislynn was, she just could not win the odd looking bear, and eventually cried out in built-up frustration. Maybe it was fate, or maybe it was sheer luck, but it was this exact outburst that made Michelle, who was with Seth a few yards away, locate the both of them. “Krissy? Is that you?” Michelle walked up curiously, but when the light hit Krislynn’s face and she made out all of her features, she ran up to give her a hug. “I thought I would never see you again!”

“You’re being dramatic,” Krislynn laughed. “But I’m so glad we found each other!”

After Jace quickly explained what happened on their end, Seth told them Chase had called him and deduced to about the same story, that Jace’s phone probably died and that they were probably both too airheaded to remember how to get back to the bungalow, and asked Seth if he could look around for the both of them. “We met up for a bit and decided that we’d search this half of the amusement park, and Pete, the other half.” Seth chuckled. “Poor sucker is probably still looking around. Should I text him or should I just let the guy run around for a bit?”

Michelle rolled her eyes and pulled out her own phone. “Don’t be so mean,” she said as she started a text message for Pete.

“He was the one who called me fat earlier,” Seth muttered.

“You’re still holding onto that?!”

He pouted before wrapping his arms around her waist. “And what if I am?” He cooed seductively into her ear. “What are you going to do about it?”

Michelle giggled before planting a big kiss on the tip of his nose causing Krislynn to roll her eyes this time around. “Chase was right. You guys are disgusting,” she grumbled. “Jace is still eating you know! Don’t just make babies in front of him!”

The four of them paused to laugh before Jace wrinkled his eyebrows in curiosity. “Speaking of Chase,” he began, “if Pete is searching the other half of the amusement park, where did Chase go?”

“Oh, he lost Rock, Paper, Scissors so he had to go home and see if you guys did actually remember the path back to the bungalow and are waiting there.” Unconsciously, Seth pulled out his phone from the pocket of his jeans and peered at it. “Though I did text him ten minutes ago and he hasn’t texted back. Wonder if he’s okay.”

“Well, he’s just back at the house.” Jace snickered. “He couldn’t have gotten himself into too much of a predicament.”

Krislynn smoothly tuned out the rest of the conversation. Yeah, she thought to herself, Chase couldn’t have gotten into that much trouble by himself. He was only back at the house. With LaCienega. Alone.