Detention

IF yall start fanning and voting i will finish this :)

Detention chapter 2

  (Elliott’s P.O.V)  

Great going idiot. Now that I have her in dentition, what was I going to do with her? Fucking perv I cursed to myself as the most obvious answer came to my mind.  

  (Violet’s P.O.V)

  I could not help but to feel eager to be alone with Elliott, even if it was detention. I smiled as I knocked on the art room’s large wooden door.   No answer, so I knocked again. Still no answer, thus I sat down and leaned against the door. I pulled out my notepad from my messenger bag and started doodling something that could explain love.

Love, I thought to myself, how am I supposed to do this? I have never been in love. I mean I love my family, but that doesn’t count. I have never really even had a crush…until yesterday.   I started with a heart. Heart, love, yeah, that works. I decided to add a crack to the heart.

  “What compelled you want to put a crack in that?” I looked up to see Elliott crouched in front of me looking at the heart I’d drawn on the paper.

  “Because… because…. I don’t know” I said with a blush.  

He smirked at me “Well then, what you must do for your dentition is to come up with a good reason why you put a crack in your heart.” He has to be joking.

  “And why do I have to do that for dentition?” I asked.   He smirked turned into a full smile and his blue eyes sparkled “Because I need to know how I can heal it.”  

In addition, with that he stood up and offered his hand to me. I grabbed my bag and notepad in one hand and with the other, I accepted his hand. Once I took it, I felt an electric shock course though my body, which caused me to grin in delight. Yet as soon as the shock happened, he dropped my hand immediately, leaving me feel slightly rejected and hurt.

  He unlocked the door and I followed him in. I sat down in the same place I sat this morning and continued to sketch the cracked heart, while thinking of a reason why I would put a crack in it. Well I could always make up a reason.

I was good at making up things. I got that from my dad. He was an excellent liar. He was able to twist stories so well that he could get the Pope to believe him. However, all he had to trick was my mother. He was able to fool her with his lies for thirteen years. Until one day, she found out the truth and left. We have not seen her since. That is when it hit me. I can make a sappy story about the crack in the heart. The heart could be my heart and the crack could be the lies my dad told to cause my mother to leave. It was a perfect story, because it was also partially true. If it were completely true, the crack would be bigger. However, for now it was a perfect fake story for the heart.  

I picked up my notepad, got up, and made my way to Elliott’s desk were he sat sketching something. I tried to peek over at his sketch, but he pulled it away quickly.

“So why is there a crack in your heart?” he said while adding his wonderful smile. Just as I was about to speak his phone went off. He looked at the caller I. D, and then told me to hold on.

Therefore, I went to go sit back down.    

Elliott McCarthy vs. Mysterious Caller  

Round 1-  

Elliott: I told you to never call me again.  

M.C.: But I love-  

Elliott: No, you do not; you made that perfectly clear this summer. Now please stop calling me. I Have moved on and I know you have.  

M.C.: No, I have not and no, I will not stop until you love me again.

  Elliott: Well then, I definitely am going to change my number!  

M.C.: Honey, stop being foolish! I am coming over around seven so be prepared (M.C. giggles).  

Elliott hangs up.  

M.C.-1

Elliott-0    

I stared at Elliott in confusion. Who was that? I looked at Elliott’s hand and with his index finger he motioned for me to come over. I got up and prepared myself to lie to his face.  

“So Miss. Violet, why is there a crack in your heart” He smiled, but it did not reach his eyes.  

“Well this heart is actually my heart and the crack would be my father lying to my mother to the point of her leaving,” I mumbled the words.

  “Why would your mother’s departure upset you?” Why would my mother’s departure upset me? She was my mother!   “Because she gave birth to me,” I stared at him in confusion.  

“Well my mother gave birth to me, but I didn’t like her” his smile disappeared, “So why does your mother leaving cause the crack.”  

He was right. I never really knew my mother and yet I allowed her to crack my heart.   “And your story of your heart was a lie. Tomorrow you will have dentition again, because of your failing report today. If I don’t like your reason tomorrow, then you will have detention Thursday.”  

“I’m sorry, but I don’t see how being late would cause me to have detention more than one day,” I said with anger.  

“Like I said, since your did not complete your detention successfully today, then you must try again tomorrow,” he smiled, but this time it reached his eyes.  

“Fine, am I allowed to leave now?” I asked.   “Yes” he said looking down at his phone. I smiled and made my way out of the art room and down to the main building’s front door.  

I pushed the huge door open to only be taken by surprise. It was raining…again. It hardly ever rains in Florida and yet here I am looking at rain for the second day in a row.  

“Well I’m glad I brought my car today” I turned around to see Elliott.

  “Well whoop-de-do for you,” I said with full sarcasm and made my way into the rain. I continued to walk until Elliott grabbed my arm, “Please tell me you’re not walking?”  

“I don’t have my car, so yes I am walking,” I pouted unintentionally.   “Well then let me give you a ride home. I won’t allow you to miss detention tomorrow because you got sick.”