Chapter 2

Vanessa's POV

Grayson grabbed my arms and pinned me to the wall. I turned my head and looked down. I am so used to this but every time they beat me, it feels so new. Ethan threw the first punch aiming at my stomach. I tried to fall but Grayson held me up. Another punch was thrown towards my face and hit my nose. I felt blood trickling down my face. Grayson let go and I fell to the ground. Grayson kicked me in the side of my stomach then punched me again in my face.

"Kill yourself. It would do us all a favor" Grayson said harshly.

"I've tried so many times before, but it hasn't worked. Why does God hate me?" I thought to myself as more of the kicks and punches made contact with my body. I started to zone out and soon enough I passed out. Great (Again, note the sarcasm)!

1 hour later

I woke up with a pounding headache and the taste of blood in my mouth. As I sat up, I uncovered my arms and looked at all the bruises that are now on my arms and the cuts that will remain marks on my body. I took my schoolbag that still laid on the ground near the wall of the school. I started walking home. I looked at myself in the camera of my phone and just thought "I am so ugly." I had a black eye and dried up blood from my nose. To my luck, the Dolan twins were heading towards me as I was walking home. As I was about to walk past them, Ethan put his foot out and tripped me making me fall to the ground and scraping my knee. Blood started covering my jeans fast. I got up and started running home so I can get the stain out of my pants. My knee was throbbing but I wanted to get as far away as possible. I unlocked my door and ran upstairs into my bathroom to clean everything up. I took my jeans off and put shorts on. They were short but they covered up the scars on my thighs pretty well.  I cleaned up my knee, my nose, and put makeup over my black eye. I put my hair in a messy bun and got a banana. I don't eat much since I am really fat. At least that's what the twins always say. I finished up the banana and threw out the peel. I walked into the living room and started watching Teen Wolf.  A few minutes later I got a text.

Emma (Vanessa's other sister):Hey sis are you home?

Vanessa: Ya why?

Emma: I am bringing over a friend is that okay?

Vanessa: Ya sure, why not.

Emma: Thanks sissy.

I went upstairs and put on my sweatshirt since right now I was wearing a black tank top that showed my scars. As I slipped my sweatshirt on, I heard the front door open and close. (BTW, Emma is my sister but she is younger than me by a year so she is a grade lower than me.) I went downstairs and expected to see Emily, her best friend, but instead I saw this new boy. Really dashing and really sexy.

"Vanessa, this is Aaron. He moved here yesterday. Turns out he is in the same grade as you."

"Hi Aaron, I'm Vanessa."

"Hi" he said shyly. Aaron and I really hit off and before I realized it we have talked for almost 2 hours.

"It was really nice to meet you. I guess I'll see you tomorrow" he said at the doorway as he was about to leave.

"Ya I'll see you at school" I said. I noticed he started leaning in and I started to lean in too. As our lips connected, I felt sparks and butterflies in my stomach.

"Bye" he said as he looked at me once more and then he started walking towards his house. I stood there in awe. I never felt anything like this except one time when I kissed Grayson as a dare in 7th grade. I walked inside my house and went upstairs towards my bedroom. I had some unfinished homework, so I had to finish that. I kept replaying the events that went on hours before. I feel like he is to good to be true. Time will only tell.

Hope you guys enjoyed my 2nd chapter.