Roger knew that Damien had to do what he did to Dina, but there was also another way to stop what was happening.

‘Stop it, Roger. Dina wouldn’t want you to dwell on the past. Do this for her and for mummy,’ Roger thought to himself.

He quickly away the tears on his face before Dina could notice.

“You think mummy would want this?! She’d hate to see a human getting hurt. She wouldn’t want this! I would rather die than to put someone in danger because of me!” she shouted, beginning to cry.

“Shh, please don’t cry. I’m sorry. Look, I don’t want this either and I promise, I’ll make sure the human doesn’t get hurt,” he whispered, hugging Ramona.

He hated seeing her hurt. After losing everything and everyone, she was all he had and this time, no one was going to take her away. No one.

“Sir,” Carol said from behind him. “I’ve brought the food.”

Letting go of Ramona, Roger turned around and grabbed the deer from Carol whilst Ramona took the food for the human.

Hungrily, he sank his teeth into the deer and sucked the blood out, leaving half for Ramona.

“I’ll give the food to Anne,” Ramona told roger.

“No, I wanna come,” he replied quickly, wanting to make sure the human was okay.

“You’ll scare her seeing as you look like an ogre,” she laughed.

“Really funny, Ramona. You just killed my mood,” Roger said, giving his sister a deadpanned look.

They walked together to the room that Anne was kept in and unlocked the door. As soon as they stepped into the room, Anne started screaming.

She ran to the other side of the room and curled up into a ball, shaking with fear.

“No. Please, don’t” she begged them, hoping they wouldn’t come any further.

Ramona slowly walked towards her with a heavy heart, trying desperately to not start crying.

She placed a hand on Annes’ arm, causing her to jump.

“Shh, it’s okay. We won’t hurt you,” Ramona whispered soothingly in to her ear.

“Let me go, please,” Anne whimpered.  

“We will as soon as my brother comes back to his senses. You see he hasn’t eaten for a while so his brain cells are kinda slowly dying away. We won’t hurt you. In fact, we’re keeping you safe… in a way,” she told Anne.

“My brain cells are not dying away. At least I have a brain whereas you…” Roger said, muttering the last part.

“Just bring the food here,” Ramona snapped.

“Someone’s in a mood,” Roger muttered to himself walking towards his immature sister and Anne.

“No, don’t come. No, please,” Anne sobbed, causing Roger to take a step back.

“I told you she’d be scared of you,” Ramona smirked.

“Is it because he looks like an ogre?” she asked Anne, who was becoming paler and paler by the minute.

Ramona stood up and took the food off Roger and placed it down next to Anne.

“Lets go, Roger. She looks like she’s gonna faint. Lets just leave her alone for a while,” Ramona told her brother.

She then followed Roger out of the room.

Before he closed the door, Roger took one last look at Anne. He could see the pain and fear in her eyes and he started to regret keeping her here.

All he wanted to do was hug her and tell her that nothing was going to happen to her but he knew that she’d only be more frightened than him than ever.

He locked the door, closing his eyes to prevent the tears for spilling.

If only there was another way for this.

Turning around, Roger watched Ramona walking away, feeling the pain she felt for Anne.

This would all be over as soon as Damien came. As soon as Damien found out what was happening.

Hopefully, Damien would understand that Roger needed his help. Well, in a way, it was also Damien’s job to do this. He had to do this to keep the human world safe.

Roger still hated Damien for what he did and everyday, he wished death upon him and his loved ones but he had to put aside those feelings of pain and anger and do what was right to keep his sister and everyone else safe.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Please vote and comment! I’d really love some feedback.