Chapter One

Emerson Diors never thought she would be friends with the Weasley twins

Yet here she was, being lifted off the ground at Platform 9 and 3/4 by Fred Weasley, who was squeezing her so tight she could not breath. The Hogwarts Express would leave in four minutes, and her mother made sure to let her know that by screaming at the top of her lungs.

"Mr. Weasley put my daughter down this instant."

Coralie Diors placed her hands on her hips as she watched Fred drop Emerson to the ground and put his hands in the air. "I'm sorry, Ms. Diors, we were just so excited to see Emery," he reached over and squeezed one of Emery's cheeks.

"Yeah, we were just so excited," George Weasley reached over and squeezed the other side of Emerson's face, earning a very hard shove from the girl.

"That's fine. Just let me say goodbye," Coralie pulled Emerson towards her and wrapped her in a hug. "Please behave this year, dear, no detentions please."

"Mum I got one detention," Emerson laughed as she held her mother tight. "And it wasn't even my fault."

Coralie looked up and squinted at the Weasley twins in front of them, who were now holding their younger brothers rat high above is head. "Those two are bad influences on you. I don't know how they are so different from their siblings and parents."

Emerson pulled away from her mother and looked back at her friends. "The Weasley's have seven kids. There is at least a seventy percent chance that two of them become dysfunctional."

Coralie smiled at Emerson before pulling her back in for a hug. "I'll be off to Paris tomorrow and I'll be back in a week. Don't forget to write to me to let me know how your first week went, okay?"

"Yes, Mum, I promise."

Emerson leaned up and kissed her mother's cheek before grabbing her trunk and heading towards Fred and George. She turned over her shoulder and waved at her mother one last time before she boarded the train.

She walked behind Fred and George down the walkway of the train, the rusty wheels of her trunk squealing behind her. They found an empty compartment towards the end of the train, where they all plopped down and began talking about their holiday.

During her first year at Hogwarts, Emerson quickly learned that Fred and George Weasley were trouble makers. Within the first two weeks of the term, they had lost dozens of house points and had been scolded numerous times by all of their teachers. Second year was when their pranks started. They threw stink pellets at passing students, offered a cat chewing gum, and made many things explode.

One fateful day in November of their second, Emerson and a few other Gryffindor girls were unfortunately victims of a particularly nasty prank. Emerson hexed them immediately, which much to her surprise impressed Fred and George, earning Emerson their life long respect.