Chapter Forty-Two

this is what you've all been waiting for

The morning of the first Quidditch match Emerson woke up early with the rest of the team

The morning of the first Quidditch match Emerson woke up early with the rest of the team. She promised mostly to Fred and George that she'd be there as support and it was a promised she'd intended to keep.

The four days she slept it the twins dorm room was uneventful, except for the day that she woke up to someone pounding on their door at six o'clock in the morning. Fred and George and Lee grumbled and pulled their blankets over their head leaving Emerson to be the one to open the door. Much to her surprise, Oliver was on the other side.

He must have been just as surprised as she was, as when he saw Emerson standing there in her bright blue pajama bottoms and green t-shirt, he looked her up and down and began tripping over is words.

"Em? What-what are you doing in here?" Oliver asked. He was wearing his Quidditch robes, indicating that he was preparing for practice, which was probably what the twins were supposed to be doing at that time.

"I was sleeping," Emerson said sourly. Despite being an early bird, she didn't want to wake up to someone pounding on the door. "I'm assuming you're here for the twins?"

"Uh yeah. Why are you sleeping in Fred and George's room?" He pressed, looking passed her shoulder into the room where George had turned on a lamp and was making his way out of bed. "Don't you think that's a bit, you know, inappropriate?"

By then George had walked over and put one hand on the door frame above Emerson's head. He glared at Oliver, showing that he was just as annoyed as she was. "Inappropriate? She's sleeping in the spare bed, Oliver, that's not inappropriate."

Oliver raised an eyebrow. "She's a girl, it's in appropriate for her to be sleeping in a boys dormitory, even if it isn't technically against the rules."

George scoffed. "She can sleep wherever she damn well pleases, it's not any of your business now is it?"

"I'm just saying—"

"Enough!" Emerson hissed, crossing her arms. "I thought you came here to wake them up for practice not ridicule me about where I sleep. Besides, if I would have said yes to dating you you probably would have begged and pleaded and cried for me to sleep in your dormitory. Now I'm going back to sleep."

She slammed the doors in Oliver's face and marched back to her bed where she flopped down and wrapped herself in the blankets.

"Sorry," Emerson mumbled to George, who looked surprised by her behavior. "I get cranky when I'm tired."

"No need to be sorry," George chuckled as he began pulling his Quidditch robes out of his drawers. "I thought it was quite cute."

Now it was a few days later and Emerson was heading towards the Quidditch pitch alone. It was going to be strange walking there without the twins or anyone else from the team by her side. It would be the first time in four years that she would be seeing a match from the stands.