Chapter Fifteen

Everyone in the Quidditch stands, teachers, students, and the ghosts who came to watch, gasped as Emerson fell from her broom and slowly dropped to the ground

Everyone in the Quidditch stands, teachers, students, and the ghosts who came to watch, gasped as Emerson fell from her broom and slowly dropped to the ground. Twenty feet in the air may not seem too high. However, completely unconscious, Emerson flipped twice in the air before her body smashed hard to the ground.

George, Fred, and Oliver dove after her, after watching in horror as her head snapped back from the upcoming bludger. But Emerson was too far away and too close to the ground, the only one who could've gotten there in time was the Slytherin reserve player, but he too was horrified when he saw blood spurt from Emerson's face as her body flipped over.

Emerson landed on the ground in a motionless heap. The three teenagers ran to her, yelling for her to try and get up. George dropped to his knees next to Emerson's head and immediately began moving her blood soaked hair from her face. The rain that poured from the sky had cleaned her face a bit, allowing the slow growing crowd to see her shattered nose and bruised face.

What frightened George the most was the position she was lying in. She was on her back, her head tilted down and to the left. Her arms were sprawled outward and her legs were folded oddly underneath her. Oliver kneeled down across from George and began to shake Emerson, begging and pleading for her to wake up. Next to George, Fred leaned his down and placed his ear close to Emerson's face, where he could hear her slow, labored breathing.

"Alright, alright, move out of the way, children," George was shoved to the side by Gilderoy Lockhart, who had his want drawn and a set look on his face. "I can get her up in no time." His mouth was open and his wanted was pointed towards Emerson's face, just as the first noise was released from his throat, Hermione yelled.

"Harry!"

"Harry?" The blonde man jumped to his feet and whipped around, almost immediately running to Harry with everyone following behind him.

Oliver growled in frustration and he stood up, fists clenched at his sides and face twisted in irritation. "Are you bloody joking? Em's covered in blood and you're...removing Harry's bones from his arm. Sweet Merlin, Fred, help me get the damn bludger."

With everyone now surrounding Harry, George, Alicia, Angelina, and Katie followed Madame Hooch to the Hospital Wing as she carried Emerson. Madame Pomfrey was there in an instant, declaring her "condition" as a concussion, a dislocated jaw, whiplash, and a severely broken leg. George was pushed aside as the ladies drew the curtains around Emerson's bed shut, assisting each other get her into a gown.

When the curtain was open, George nearly threw up when she saw the state Emerson was in. "It's shattered from ankle to kneecap," she tutted as she slowly traced her wand over Emerson's leg, helping bring the bones back together. "Normally repairing broken bones is not that difficult, but this one is going to call for a few extra tricks. Muggle remedies will help heal it completely."

George really didn't understand anything Madame Pomfrey was saying, the only thing he really wanted to know was when his best friend would wake up.

Professors Severus Snape, Minerva McGonagall, Pomona Sprout, Filius Flitwick, Gilderoy Lockhart, and Alubs Dumbedore all sat around a large round table in the spare room between the Transfiguration and Charms classroom. The room was used as their meeting room whenever there was something serious happening at the school.

They were currently talking about the most recent petrification at Hogwarts.

"I still believe we should remove Potter from the school," Severus said for the third time. "It will allow us to see if maybe there is a change in events."

"On the night of the attack on Collin Creevy, Mr Potter was in the hospital wing accompanied by Madame Pomfrey," Albus reminded Potions master.

"And anyway," Minerva turned to look at Severus across the table. "Mr Potter is best friends with Miss Granger, who, I reminded you once again, is a Muggle Born."

"Is there any news on the Diors girl?" Pomona asked Minerva, the head of Gryffindor house. Surely she would know about Emerson.

"Emerson Diors has not woken yet," Minerva stated. "Her mother has been contacted and has made the decision to send her to Saint Mungo's if she does not wake within the next week."

"What more can be done?" Pomona asked. "We've never had a student out longer than a week from a Quidditch accident."

"Our latest update on Miss Diors was last night from Madame Pomfrey," Albus informed the teacher. "Her nose is healed, jaw is relocated, bruising has begun to disappear, and her leg is in the process of healing. We've tried many things to wake her, no wall we do is wait."