Ready For Battle

Word Count: 1509

Violet's P.O.V.

2 weeks Heath has been gone

Every day I walk out of school and his car is not there. I go home and his scent is faint. I look at pictures but they are nothing compared to having him here. My Heath.. I miss him so much and it hurts. I know its my own fault he left, that if I can't start feeling ok about the age difference then I'm still not going to see him. I just can't get my mind past how much older he is compared to me. Maybe I can force myself to deal with this.. No... He would know if it's true or not. I have found myself sleeping in his bed every night since he left. Trying to keep his scent, acting as though he is still here. But I know he's not.. I know he won't come back till I can grow up and face the reality.. I miss him..

2 months Heath has been gone

I feel sick. I dont want to go to school anymore. I'm always laying in bed, well Heath's bed. I keep Emerald close, she is all I have of Heath and she makes me somewhat happy. Michelle tells me that Heath is coming home soon, but I know she's lying to try getting me up and around. Maybe, just maybe, she really is telling me the truth and he will be home soon. I doubt it.

5 months Heath has been gone

My heart aches. I get out of bed, but only because I know he won't be happy if I am to weak to walk when he comes home. I've gone back to school but walking out of that building and seeing his car not there hurts. I'm walking out of my last class when I hear Alex's voice through the pack link. Everyone get to the pack house ASAP! The rouges have attacked Greenside pack! I notice many looks of panick on the faces of everyone in our pack. I get to my locker and throw everything in. 

Everyone files out the door, acting normal in front of the humans. I follow everyone else out and as I'm walking down the steps I stop dead. I look into the parking lot that I looked over every day after school. I saw the familiar sleek black car that I had missed so much, and leaning against it, staring straight at me, was the man I had been longing to see for the past 5 months. I feel tears in my eyes. I ignore the stares of everyone and run to him. He catches me as I run straight into his arms. "Hello there little one. Miss me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heath's P.O.V. (small rewind)

She was as beautiful as the day I left, if not more. I watch her walk out of the building and come down the steps. She looks up and stops as her eyes land on me. It had been 5 months I hadn't seen my little mate. I stare at her and watch as tears form in her eyes. Suddenly she runs towards me. I open my arms and catch her, pulling her tight against my chest. I hear her sobs. "Hello there little one. Miss me?" I ask, holding her closer. She nods against my chest. I let out a small laugh. "I missed you too little one.." I say, inhaling her scent. I hadn't planned on being home so soon. But when we got the message from Pete that the rouges were attacking I had to come back. 

"We have to go now Violet. Greenside pack needs help." I tell her. She nods against me and I pull back, giving her a smile. "Now come on." I say, opening the car door for her. She nods and gets in. I get in and speed out of the parking lot towards the pack house. We arrive and the house is crazy. Everyone running here and there. I step out of the car and go to Violet who immediately grabs my hand. I smile at her and lead her through the panic of everyone getting ready. Everyone in the meeting building now! I call through the mind link as I walk into the building. Violet keeps hold of my hand as I walk up to the stage and she follows me on. I look at her. "You don't have to stand up here if you don't want to love." I tell her. She shakes her head. "I want to be beside you. Always.." She says. I smile and give her a nod. 

Once everyone is in I look around at each person. "This is not our first battle with rouges, and I can almost guarantee it will not be our last. We will get through this no matter how long it takes!" I hear cheers of agreement. "I want anyone under 16 to stay behind. I understand some of you can fight but we need you here to protect our packs home." This battle could last a few days depending on the amount of rouges there are out there. "Alright everyone let's move out!" I call. Everyone responds with a "Yes Alpha." Before heading out. I look down at Violet. "I want you to stay here." I tell her. I see frustration in her eyes. "No I'm not leaving your side! I want to fight Heath. Besides, you will not be able to force me to just sit here wondering if I'm going to see you again! I've been away from you long enough!" She exclaims. 

I let out a sigh of frustration. "I would never force you into anything... I am asking you to stay here Violet. I can not loose you because of this battle." I tell her in a gentle tone, hoping she will understand and reconsider. "This is not up for question Heath. I am going. I know how to fight. Please let me come with you!" She pleads. I frown then let out a sigh. "You do not leave my side Violet. I need to protect you." I give in to her plea. She was right. After all it was I who had taught her to fight. I knew she could handle herself. "I didn't plan on leaving your side." She says. I nod then pull her close to me, leading her out. 

I see Alex with Cassie. "You're staying here." I hear him say, looking worried. "I want to fight Alex.." Cassie says in return. I walk over, Violet beside me. "Cassie this shouldn't be a question. You can't shift right now it's dangerous." He growls. I frown. "Is everything ok Alex?" I ask. He turns and sighs as his eyes land on me. "Tell her she has to stay here." He looks at me with pleaing eyes. "Alex I can fight!" Cassie growls at her mate who then turns back to her. "Do you want to kill our child?" He asks, anger in his tone. I look at them, shocked that he hadn't told me. Cassie looks to the ground. 

"Cassie, as Alpha I order you to stay in the pack house until this battle is over. You are to rest and help everyone here. You will not endanger yourself or your child." I say in a stern voice. She looks up at me with sad eyes but reluctantly bows her head in submission. I nod. "Go rest Cas, this won't be to long." I tell her. I look to Alex who gives me a thankful look before hugging his mate. I step away to let them talk. I watch many shift into their wolf. I look over and watch Cassie go inside. Once she is inside Alex turns to me. "Go to the front. I'll be right there." He nods and runs to the front. I turn to Violet. "We should shift now little one." I tell her. She nods. I step away and pull my shirt off over my head. I would get new pants. I shift into my large white wolf. I watch Violet smile as I do. 

"I love your wolf." She tells me, making my wolf howl and me let out a small bark. She giggles then let's her clothes shred as she shifts into a beautiful tan colored wolf. I step over and nuzzle her neck. Ready? I ask her through the pack link. She nods. Ready as I'll ever be. She replies. I nod and start heading towards the font of my pack where both Alex and Fred stood in wolf form. They look at me as I approach. I nod. We're heading out! I say lets run down these rouges once and for all! I hear howls of agreement. I start running towards Greenside pack with Violet at my side and Alex and Fred on either side of us, running slightly ahead. This battle would be something none of us had faced before. I only hope we don't loose a bunch of pack members in this battle.