Part 28

Chanel's POV

"On with Big Boy in the neighborhood." Big boy said and the cowbell rang. "Hey Chanel, Rachel."

"What's up?" I said smiling.

"Hey." Rachel said.

"You know, I thought y'all was never gonna do radio again after last time." He said and I laughed.

"I mean it was close but I told my moms only for Big Boy." I said.

"Word? You told your mom?" He said.

"Yeah, she our manager so you know she set everything up." I said.

"She is? Do most people know that?" He asked.

"Nah." I said then laughed. "But they do now."

"Sp your mom went up to the radio station?" He asked.

I laughed.

"Nah," I said.

"So we go in the other studio and of course they thought we was alone." Rachel said. "Whole time her mom is listening in the car and hears the whole interview."

"What?" Big Boy said glued to Rachel's every word.

"Yep so she come up stairs and everybody got all nervous and quiet." Rachel said laughing.

"Does that happen a lot?" He asked.

"It happens a lot out here in LA but in New York it's like. Everybody be on their P's and Q's." I said laughing.

"Cause don't nobody wanna piss Jay off." Big Boy said.

"Yeah, but my dad laid back and chill. My mom, when it come to this business. You don't wanna piss her off." I said and Rachel was nodding her head agreeing with me.

"So before I say something wrong. What are y'all up here to promote?"

"The concert." Rachel said. "The summer just flew by and now it's time."

"Speaking of the summer. We saw y'all having family time last week on the blogs." He said.

I laughed.

"Yeah, we was out Legoland for my son's birthday." I said.

"That's what's up." He said.

"Yeah but the concert is this weekend." I said. "Kendrick and T.D.E, YG, Uncle Snoop, Vince Staples, Khalani, Odd Future, The Internet, Nipsey Hussle and a few other people and some surprises."

"Surprises? What kind of surprises?" Big Boy asked.

"Surprises." Rachel said. "It's confidential that's why it's vital to get your tickets because they go fast."

"I got you." He said nodding. "So how's the family?"

"Everybody's good." I said.

"You know some people saying your dad may never release another album." He said.

I shrugged.

"You never know, he's a pretty busy man." I said. "But I don't know if he's working on anything or not. He's been getting hair cuts so he's probably not working on an album."

"True." He said. "So what about y'all. Heard you had a couple dance classes and Rachel you've had a few sets out at 1Oak."

"Yeah." Rachel said. "We just trying to make our dreams come true out here. Make a name for ourselves."

"Y'all ready to go back to school?"

"No one is ever ready but this our last year so gotta make it count." I said.