Chapter 7- The Good Luck Charm

Start from the beginning

The whistle blows, the game starts. Other team passes back taking possession in their own end. Casey one of the strikers easily takes it away sprinting up the field taking the shot, the goal keeper catching it.

Coaches, students, parents cheering, but one person can be easily heard over the rest of them. Shane. "Come on Alex! Get her!" He yells cheering me on. I laugh, shaking my head.

A player goes around my right wing Danielle and starts to sprint. "Get her Alex!" My coach screams. The Washington fans yelling and cheering. Shane still encouraging me. I quickly catch up to her notices and tries to go fast I get my foot on the ball and stopping it on a dime. Quickly moving it up the field passing it off.

When the game finished the final score was 1-0. Both teams putting up a big fight. Washington was a defensive team, but not defensive enough to stop Claire from scoring.

"Great game girls!" I say once we all gather in a circle.

"You ladies! You played a great game. Now three cheers!" Coach says starting the cheers for the other team.

"Hip hip!" I yell. "Hooray!"

We cheered three more times, before I led off to shake hands with the other team.

"Good game, you played great" I tell the other captain

"You too! Great team," she says back smiling.

The rest of the team went quick just saying good job to the rest. I jog over to the bench where coach reminds us we have to be back here at four.

"Okay, so I knew you we're a good soccer player, but seriously the other team couldn't even get by you! No wonder you're the captain!" Shane say surprised.

I shake my head. "I'm not that good. Lots of people are better than me" I say softly putting on my seatbelt as he backs out of the parking spot.

"Alex seriously. The other team got one shot on your goal keeper. That never happens," he says flatly. Hey it happens. "You saved it every time it got passed one of your team mates."

"Well, it's a team sport. We all played amazing and that's why we won. I'm just a smallest part of the game" I state.

We argue about 'how I'm an amazing player' when the truth is my team just works good together. We finally agree that it is a team sport and that it takes everyone. Well I made him agree.

"So since its lunch time we're going to eat," he announces at a red light.

"Oh, where do you want to go?" I ask, I'll go where ever he wants to go as long as he doesn't say-

"Where ever you want," that. Great. I don't want to choose. What if he wants something quick like A&W, or he wants to go to a restaurant? What do I choose. He's probably looking at me like I'm crazy, I haven't answered him yet. What do I say?

"How about... The pizza place by your house?" It's eat in, you get waited on, and its quick. Good choice Alex.

"Okay," he agrees quickly. I know he likes it there because we sometimes order it if we don't want to make food for Chelsea and Marcus. I take off my equipment and put it in my bag and slip on my flip flops.

We walk into the restaurant and wait to be seated. A girl around my age come to help us. "For two?" She bats her eyelashes and peers up at Shane.

For real?

"Yup," Shane says looking down at me smiling. The host realizes that he didn't even care that she was trying to flirt with him, we walks us over to the table and let's us know that the waiter is going to be with us soon.