Chapter 3- The Fireworks

Start from the beginning

"Did you buy this truck by yourself?" He asks me making conversation with me.

"My parents did, they moved overseas when I finished High School. They bought me this for leaving me here alone;" I say simply. I didn't mind living her alone without them.

"Oh, you ok with that?" He asks almost like he was caring.

"Aw! Someone is caring about me!" I say joking, he raises one of his eye brows as I speed away from the light. "Yeah I'm ok with living here alone, I live with my friend in an apartment. Lots of freedom," I state the positives.

"True," he said chuckling.

We got a parking spot about a block away from the park. We walk to the gates of the park and gave our tickets and went inside. Shane carried the blanket we were going to sit on while watching the fireworks. I held both the kids hands, we walked in.

"OUH! Can we go in the bouncy house?" Marcus almost begged.

"Sure," Shane said, both kids ran to get in line for the bouncy house. Shane and I stood back, away from the line, I watched them to make sure they were ok when they get in the bouncy house.

"Why did you bother coming?" I ask as we both sat on the bench, with a couple. They took up lots of space, he was close to me, he had no other choice but to put his arm around behind my head, our close bodies are making my stomach do flips.

"Why not? I didn't want to leave you with two kids and crowds like these, and like I said to Marcus, I haven't seen fireworks in a long time. And plus its with you," he explains and winks. His face inching closer and closer to mine, my heart was fluttering, why did I care? Why can't I pull away from his intense gaze? Next thing I know Marcus is climbing up on to my lap.

"How was that?" I ask both the kids. A deep blush rises on my cheeks.

"So much fun!" Chelsea was really excited.

"Want to go to that park around the pond?" Shane asked them. Their faces lit up more. I didn't think it was possible, but it happened.

"Yeah yeah yeah!! Let's go go go!" They both yell, Marcus pulling on my arm to get up and Chelsea pulling on Shane's.

"Ok! Ok, we're coming," we both said getting up, laughing. The park was on the other side of the pond, and it looked like no one was there. We were half way to the park and I looked at my phone it was 7:00, another hour until the fireworks are set off. We approach the park, and the kids ran off.

Then there was two. Shane and I sat on the bench at the back of the park, with trees surround the back. His choice, not mine.

As I sat down, I couldn't help but yawn.

"Do you play any sports?" I ask looking at him, and he was really close to me.

"Yeah I like to play football, and I box all the time," he explains. That explains why he's so perfect. His arms weren't massive, but they looked strong enough to hurt very, very, very bad. His t-shirt was tight against his arms and body. He always looks so mouth watering.

"Oh, so do you fight often?" I ask.

"Yeah, I train right after work everyday. I fight every second weekend. You?" He questions lifting an eye brow.

"Yeah I play soccer, captain of the team," I say some what bragging.

"Really? Have to say pretty proud!" He says chuckling. "How long have you played?" He sounds interested.

"Since I was 6, all the girls hated me cause the rest of the sucked," I say looking down. I didn't have many friends when I was smaller. They were mostly guys, until I moved and found my best friend to be.