Chapter 22

The rest of the weekend was wonderful as if nothing had changed, except Lisa had to go to the dance class on her own that Sunday as Sharni wanted to spend the time that was missed with Vince.

          "Hi Andre!"  Sharni said on her phone on Monday lunchtime. She was sitting at a table with her friends in the college canteen. "How's your honeymoon going?... That's great!... No, everything's fine... Say 'Hello' to Sam for me... OK.  See you next week. Bye."

          "Is everything okay?" Vince asked after Sharni hung up the phone. He sat next to Sharni with his arm on her shoulder.

          "Yep.  Everything is just fine." Sharni replied.

          Sharni, Vince and their friends Lisa, Ade, Sophia and Vernon were all gathered around two tables put together.

          "I'm glad everything is back to normal." Vernon said. He still came in to college in a wheelchair with his leg in plaster and arm in a sling.

          "Yeah, you can say that again." Ade teased.

          Vernon gave Ade a teasing slap on his back with his good arm.

          "Hey, Vince."  Said a female voice.

          The six friends turned around, looking a little suspicious.

          "Hey, Xeena." Vince replied. "What do you want?" 

          Xeena was aware that Vince was not really interested, but she continued anyway. 

          "I want to say I'm sorry." She said slowly.

          "That's okay."  Vince nodded.

          "And, I want to say thank you."

          "For what?" Vince said with a laugh.

          "For making me realize who I really love."

          "Really? Who?" Vince leaned slightly forward on the table as he began to take some interest to what Xeena had to say.

            Xeena stepped out of the way, revealing the man she found.

          Everybody was stunned.

          "Jason Jackson?!" Vince said with surprise.

          "Yes." Xeena hugged her newfound prince.  "He managed to tell me how much he loved me and I couldn't resist it."

          "Good for you." Vince cheered. "I'm glad you found your true love."

          "And you're right," Xeena continued with a smile, "There's nothing that I would change about him."

          With that Jason smiled at Xeena and gave her a kiss on the lips. It was the kiss that Xeena had been waiting for, for a long time!

          Everyone cheered and clapped as they invited the new couple to join them at the table.

          Jason turned to Vernon and looked at him with a guilty smile on his face.

          "I'm really sorry." Jason said. "I gave you a really hard bash, didn't I?"

          "Nah, don't worry!" Vernon assured him. "It's nothing that can't be cured."

          Jason gave a laugh of relief and Vernon gave him a friendly pat on the back.

          Ade turned a little confused.

          "Say, are you at this college?" He asked Jason.

          Jason nodded with a smile.

          "Wow, it's great to see you come into the light." Ade laughed.

          Jason laughed back. "Thanks!"

          Just then, another male voice from the other side of the canteen got Ade's attention.

          "Hey, Adrian, let's do the arm wrestle we promised." Steven called as he walked over to the table next to them.

          He had his friends who were eager to watch.

          Ade moved over to Steven's table.

          "All right.  Let's do it!" Ade said.

          Both Ade and Steven rolled up their sleeves and put their arm on the table. In an instant, the game began. All their friends started cheering.

          "What is going on here?!"  Shrieked a female Indian voice.

          "An arm wrestling competition between Ade and Steven, Miss." Vernon explained with excitement.

          "Why didn't you say so, beta." Miss Sitar patted Vernon's head. She too started cheering. "Come on, Adrrrian! Break the Kutte's hand!"

          By hearing Miss Sitar's voice, Ade had an idea of distracting his opponent. "Kutte. I feel so sorry for your mother who has to clean up after the two of you."

          Steven got outraged. "Why you...!"

          With that, Steven realized that it was too late, and that Ade had won the game.

          Everyone on Ade's side cheered louder.

          "That wasn't fair!" Steven exclaimed.

          "Oh, c'mon, Stevie, it's only a game." Ade said, placing an arm around Steven's shoulder.  He put his other hand out to shake. "Why, don't we say, we put the past behind us and become friends?"

          Steven hesitated, during which he glanced over his shoulder at Hazel who nodded with her ginger eyebrows lifted.     

          "Go on, then."  Hazel mouthed.

          Steven turned back to face Ade with a smile.

          "I'd say that's a great idea."  Steven agreed. With that, he happily took Ade's hand and shook it.

          Everybody cheered again as Hazel and Lisa hugged their boyfriends to congratulate them for the beginning of a new friendship.

          "Oh my cuddly bear!" Lisa said to her boyfriend excitedly. "I'm so glad you guys have become friends."

          "So am I, my little angel."  Ade smiled and gave Lisa a kiss on her forehead.

          Lunchtime was soon finished and everybody went back to their classes and apartments with high spirits.

          Xeena and Jason walked hand in hand through the hallway to their Art class.

          Suddenly before entering the classroom, Xeena's cell phone started ringing. She quickly rummaged through her bag and took out her phone, pressed a button and held it to her ear.

          "Hello?" She answered.

          Jason stood by his new girlfriend's side and watched her with anticipation as Xeena's expression turned as bright as a sunshine.

            Xeena hung up the phone with the biggest smile on her face.

          "Well?" Jason asked as Xeena put her phone back in her bag.

          "Mom is so wrong!" Xeena shook her head in slow motion as she replied with the big grin still glued to her face. "Dad's coming home!"

          "Hey that's great news!" Jason cheered as he gave Xeena a big warm hug.

          With that, the happy couple entered the Art classroom, with excitement in their hearts.