Chapter 12

Vince's bright green eyes widened and his lips trembled.  "YOU WHAT?!"

          The class froze when they heard him shout. All the practicing music stopped. But it soon continued after the teacher announced nothing was wrong.

          Vince tried to hurry as he packed up his guitar and go, but Xeena kept slowing him down.

          "Come on Mark, what else could I say?" Xeena asked frantically.

          "I don't know. 'I need your help' or something like you always do." Vince said in a sharp tone as quick as he could.

          "Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's true, Mark.  I really love you."

          Vince managed to put his guitar back in the locker. 

          "Well, I don't!" He stomped back to where he had his bag. 

          Xeena followed behind. "Back at school, I noticed you being lonely and miserable, while Matt had all the attention."

          "Oh, and I guess that's why you used to ask me for help?"

          "Yes!"

          "Oh, how could I be so stupid?!" Vince exclaimed sarcastically and carried on out into the hallway.

          "Sharni's a pretty girl, but I was there before her." Xeena carried on explaining as she followed him.

          "Well, I'm sorry, but I didn't notice you that way."

          Xeena quickened her pace and stood in front of Vince looking very desperate. "Why didn't you? WHY?"

            Vince looked stern.

          "Because, my family tradition brought me up in loving natural looking beauties, not girls who cover themselves in make-up." He firmly pressed her lips and smudged her lipstick as he finished. "It shows, they're hiding something and they act like they're on top of  the world!"

            "Ow!" Xeena clutched her mouth and watched Vince as he continued strolling down the hallway. However, it was not long when she started grinning again as another evil plan crept in to her head. "Oh, Mark. I found your weak spot."

          Vince found his friends outside in their favorite place on the grass, sitting in a circle.

          "Hey Sweetie."  Sophia greeted him.

          "Hey." Vince puffed and sat down next to Sharni.

            "Gosh, you seem hot."  Sharni observed Vince's red, sweaty face by pressing his forehead.

          "I'm fine."

          "No you're not, Honey. Something wrong?"

          "No, nothing's wrong." Vince was trying to sit comfortably. He noticed everybody staring at him, as they knew that look on his face. It made him realize that he had no choice but to tell everyone what was on his mind. 

          "Ok. Xeena spoke the truth." Vince sighed.

          Everybody gasped and moved closer, eager to know what Xeena had said. Some had worried faces.

          "She said she..." Vince continued with a sigh and looked at Sharni with guilt. "She said she loves me and that she wants me desperately."

          Sharni put a hand on his shoulder. "I tried warning you, didn't I?"

          "I know and I'm sorry." Vince apologized.

          Sharni was quivering with worry. "What did you say?"

          "I said I don't love her and I never will." Vince explained. "But she kept insisting that I should."

          "What are we gonna do?"  Lisa asked.

          "I don't know." Vernon replied staring at his exhausted brother with sympathy.

          "Knock her out!" Ade suggested proudly, standing up.

          "Ade!" Sophia pulled him back down.

          "Sorry." Ade said as he sheepishly sat back down.

          "I don't think she's going to do anything now, because I told her exactly why I don't love her." Vince insisted. "So we shouldn't do anything."

          "You know, I hope you're right."  Vernon told him. "Because if she has anything planned in her dark little mind, you'll be in trouble."

          Vince looked down at his feet.

          "No, he won't." Sharni backed up her boyfriend. "Because if Xeena has got anything planned, we're going to fight as a team."

          "I agree." Said Ade, as he placed one hand in the middle of the circle on the grassy ground.

          "Me too."  Said Lisa putting her hand on top of Ade's.

          "Me three."  Sophia stretched her hand on top. 

          Then the rest did the same.

            "All right, guys." Vernon announced.  "We shall work as a team. For Sharni and Vince!"

          Everybody cheered as they all lifted their arms up high. "FOR SHARNI AND VINCE!"