Chapter 15

It was a terrible night for Sharni. Even though she had been given Sophia's bed to sleep in, she still was not in a comfortable state. She twisted and turned until she could take no more.

          She got out of bed and silently crept out the room, making sure she did not wake Ade up who was sleeping in his bed in the same room.

          Slowly, Sharni passed the bedroom in where the mother of Sophia and Ade was sleeping, and climbed down the stairs into the living room. She took her coat, wrapped it over her nightclothes, and ran in to the fresh air.

          The sidewalk seemed slippery under her pink flip-flops she was wearing as the concrete slates were still damp from the rain.

          As Sharni kept running, all she could think of was Vince.  Got to find him before it's too late.

          All of a sudden, the vision of the streets and buildings started to get blurry until all Sharni could see was smoke.

          She could not see where she was going, but she was certain that she was going the right way.

          Slowly, but surely, the smoke disappeared. Then in front of her, a small house appeared.

          There was laughter inside. The laughs sounded like a boy and a girl having fun.

          The lights were switched off.  Then one soon switched on and the silhouette of a couple was visible.

          Sharni could not see clearly at first, but as she got closer, her heart started to beat fast, almost as if it were going to pop out. It was not beating for joy, but with shock. She felt as if her breath was stuck inside her and she started to panic.

          NO!

          The girl definitely looked like, or was Xeena. She was kissing the boy who shockingly resembled no other than Vince and he was happily kissing her back!