Chapter 16

The scream of her own voice woke Sharni up. She sat up in bed and started to sob.

          It woke Ade up. He got out of his bed and sat on the edge of the bed where Sharni was. He saw Sharni with her hands over her face.

          "Hey, what happened?"  Ade asked.

          Sharni slowly moved her hands, revealing her face covered in sweat and tears.

          "Please, don't let her take him away."  She managed to say through her sobs.

          Ade felt the grief inside his chest, but he was brave enough to keep his own tears inside.

          "Come here."  Ade said as he gently pulled Sharni into his arms.

          Sharni leaned her head on his chest.  Although it was not as comfy as Vince's, she stayed there until she calmed down.

          "Ow!"  Vince grumbled as he woke up in the morning.  His head was thumping with pain, as if he got hit by something.

          As he opened his eyes, Vince noticed that there was something different about his surroundings. He jolted up and panned the room in disgust. There were posters of different people and models all dressed in black, pinned on the walls. Most of the furniture was in the one, same color. The curtains and the duvet cover were printed with skulls and cross bones. 

          The only light source in the room was coming from the bright, morning sun through the window.

          As Vince kept panning from left to right, he felt that there was something haunting about the room, as if it were abandoned for a century at least.

          "Where am I?"  Vince asked himself.

          "You're in my room."

          The girl's voice made Vince jump. He saw Xeena sitting on the bed next to him.

          From the current light, Vince could see Xeena wearing a black T-shirt with a skull and cross bone printed on the front, and black shorts.  In her hands, she had a tray with food on her lap, which seemed to be breakfast.

          "This is my secret house." Xeena explained with a sly smile. "Mom doesn't know about this place. Jason and I found it over the summer, and now, you're in on the secret too."

          "What's wrong with your room at your house?"  Vince managed to say with a hint of shakiness in his voice.

            "Nothing." Xeena gave a little laugh. "It's just that there's things at home with mom that I want to get away from, these days."

            Vince was confused. "But I thought you and your mom got along fine."

            Xeena laughed.

          "You're right, I have got something to hide. There's so much you still don't know about me, Mark." She said. She shuffled closer to Vince, with the tray still on her lap. "But then that's me for a very long time and don't worry, you will get to know more about me in no time."

          "I think I know you well enough already!" Vince tried to leap out of bed, but something was tugging on his wrists. He looked down to his arms and saw that they were chained to the rails of the headrest.

          Then his shocked green eyes peered on to his body. He found that he was not wearing what he wore before getting hit on the head.  He too, was wearing a black T-shirt with a printed skull, and baggy black trousers. He also had a dog's collar around his neck with a gold plated diamond pendant.

          "What have you done to my clothes?"  He shrieked.

          "It doesn't matter now. You're with me." Xeena explained with a hint of excitement in her purple eyes.

          Vince glared at her.  "Let me go."

          Xeena chuckled, and clutched his face.  "Trust me, Mark. We're gonna have so much fun!"