17 : Year 2

For the past few days, Filch has been reminding everyone about the attack on Mrs. Norris, by pacing the spot where she had been attacked, as though he thought the attacker might come back. We had seen him scrubbing the message on the wall with Mrs. Skower's All Purpose Magical Mess Remover, but to no effect; the words still gleamed as brightly as ever on the stone. When Filch was guarding the scene of the crime, he was skulking red-eyed through the corridors, lunging out at unsuspecting students and trying to put them in detention for things like "breathing loudly" and "looking happy." Ginny seemed the most disturbed by Mrs. Norris's fate. According to Ron, she was a great cat lover. The attack had also had an effect on Hermione. It was quite usual for Hermione to spend a lot of time reading, but she was now doing almost nothing else. We would ask her what she was up to, but she wouldn't tell us. Malfoy has been stalking me and by that I mean, I either see him around or he's either sitting next to me. It's getting quite annoying. On Wednesday, Ron, Hermione and I were in the library, Ron was measuring his History of Magic homework, I was working on my Transfiguration homework, which was due next class. Hermione was still looking for a book, Harry had been held back in Potions by Snape.
"I don't believe it, I'm still eight inches short..." Ron said furiously, letting go of his parchment as Harry came over to us.
"And Hermione's done four feet seven inches and her writing's tiny. Did you finish yours?" Ron asked me. I nodded and he groans.
"Where is Hermione?" Harry asked, grabbing the tape measure and unrolling his own homework.
"Somewhere over there." Ron said, pointing along the shelves.
"Looking for another book. I think she's trying to read the whole library before Christmas. Harry told us about Justin Finch-Fletchley, a 2nd year Hufflepuff, running away from him.
"Dunno why you care. I thought he was bit of an idiot," Ron said, scribbling away, making his writing as large as possible. I shake my head in disapprovement.
"All that junk about Lockhart being so great -" I hit him in the shoulder, mentally telling him to shut up. Hermione emerged from between the bookshelves. She looked irritable and at last seemed ready to talk to us.
"All the copies of Hogwarts, A History have been taken out," She said, sitting down next to Harry.
"And there's a two-week waiting list. I wish I hadn't left my copy at home, but I couldn't fit it in my trunk with all the Lockhart books."
"Why do you want it?" I asked.
"The same reason everyone else wants it, to read up on the legend of the Chamber of Secrets." Hermione said.
"What's that?" Harry said quickly.
"That's just it. I can't remember." Hermione said, biting her lip.
"And I can't find the story anywhere else -"
"Hermione, let me read your composition." Ron said desperately, checking his watch.
"No, I won't," Hermione said, suddenly severe.
"You've had ten days to finish it -" The bell rang, and just in time too, 'cause I just finish my Transfiguration homework. I said goodbye to Harry, Ron and Hermione and went down to the classroom, I sat in the front and started checking over my homework making sure I didn't miss anything. I heard someone sit down in the chair next to me. I look to my side and see Malfoy. I groan.
"Why are you always sitting next to me?" I asked annoyed.
"What, I can't sit next to a fellow Slytherin?" He asked.
"No, you can't!" I said angrily.
"Not me!"
"Well, it doesn't matter because I'm going to sit here anyways." Malfoy said like a snob. I rolled my eyes and continue looking over my work. The time went by so fast that it felt like a minute ago class had started. I was heading to the Slytherin common room to finish another homework. I could feel someone following me and straight away I knew who it was.
"Malfoy, why are you following me?" I asked annoyed, as I stopped walking and turned around to face Malfoy.
"I'm not following you." Malfoy said quickly. He walks past me.
"Just don't go wandering around the school." I hear him say. I was about to ask him what he meant by that, but he quickly turned the corner and was gone. I shake my head and groan in annoyance. I turn the other way and go down the stairs to the dungeons. As I was getting closer to the Slytherin common room. I heard something moving. I stopped and listened. The moving was getting louder. My heart started pounding. What if it's the person who Petrified Mrs. Norris?
"Excuse me." I heard say a soft voice say from behind me, which made me jump and scream. I turned around and see a girl with shoulder length, crazy dirty blonde hair, very pale eyebrows, and pale blue protuberant eyes that gave her a permanently surprised look. She had a soft smile.
"I'm sorry," She said dreamily.
"I didn't mean to frighten you. I was just wondering if could you direct me to the Ravenclaw tower." I looked at her confused. I noticed she was wearing the Ravenclaw robe.
"Are you a first year?" I asked. She nods. Then it came to me, I remember her, but I can't remember her name. Heartgood something.
"How do you not remember where it is?" I asked.
"It's been 3 months since school started." She shrugs. I shake my head in frustration.
"As you can see," I gesture at my Slytherin uniform.
"I'm in Slytherin, so I don't know where it is, sorry." I said.
"Thank you anyways." She said. She started to skip away. Strange little kid. I groan feeling guilty.
"Wait!" I shouted, she stopped and turned around. I sighed.
"Let's go find it."