6: Year 1

Nigel ^

_______________

        Now being November, it's had gotten really cold. Every morning the ground would be covered in frost. But I guess you could say it was good thing because Quidditch season has begun. On Saturday would be the first match, I was pretty excited, Gryffindor and going against Slytherin, which was a big deal to everyone. People found out Harry was the new seeker. I think Malfoy told people, but I don't know why. We were all standing outside in the freezing courtyard during the break. Hermione had conjured up a bright blue fire that could be carried around in a jam jar. We were standing with our backs to it, getting warm. I was reading a book Malfoy let me have, don't ask me why he let me have it, maybe it's because it's a Muggle book. But it's a really good book. It's called History of Love but the title has nothing to do with the story, it's rather interesting. I felt everyone move closer so I look up from my book and see Snape coming towards us. I move in close too.

"What's that you've got there, Potter?" Snape asked. Harry showed him his book.
"Library books are not to be taken outside the school. Give it to me." Harry handed it to him. I quickly hid my book under my rodes.
"Five points from Gryffindor." Snape said limping away. Harry scoffed.
"He's just made that rule up. Wonder what's wrong with his leg?" He asked.
"Dunno, but I hope it's really hurting him." Ron said bitterly. I chuckled.
"If it hurts him enough to limp then yeah." I said.
"Good." Ron said.
"We should get back to the dorm and work on homework." Hermione said. We head to the Gryffindor tower and we started working on our homeworks. Ron and Harry wanted Hermione to do their homework but she said that she would check their work instead. After finish we finished our homework Harry got up and told us he was going to get his book back. We tell him good luck and he leaves. I open my book and take out the letter from Mills I put in it. I had told him about what happened with the troll and said I fine. I also told him about Malfoy being nice to me. I open it and begun reading.
'I'm glad you're alright. But how on earth did a troll get into Hogwarts?!' How did it get in? I thought to myself. I continue reading.
'Also about this Malfoy guy, maybe he likes you. I mean last time you talked about him you never mention anything about him calling you names. Does he call you names? I'm mean he hates your friends so he should hate you. Anyways I hope you're fun!' I put the letter down. Malfoy liking me? No way! But I don't think he's ever insulted me before. A couple of before ago Malfoy did said he was only being nice to me cause I'm in Slytherin. But Mills does have a point he should hate me even if I'm in Slytherin. I should ask him if he hates me. I was snapped out of my thought when I heard Ron asked something.
"Did you get it?" Ron asked. I look and see Harry back, he had strange look on his face.
"What's the matter?" I asked
"I saw Snape with Filch alone. Snape was showing Flich his bloody mangled leg." Harry said with his voice lowered since they common room was filled with people.
"You know that that means? He tried to get passed that three-headed dog at Halloween! That's where he was going when we saw him- he's after what's it's guard!" Harry whispers.
"Then maybe it was Snape who let the troll out." I said. Harry nodded.
"No- he didn't." Hermione says.
"I know he's not very nice, but he wouldn't try and steal something Dumbledore was keeping safe." Hermione said.
"Honestly, Hermione, you think all teachers are saints or something. I'm with Harry. I wouldn't put anything past Snape." Ron said. I nodded in agreement.
"But what's after? What's that dog guarding?" Ron asked. Harry shrugged.
"Backenter, it's time for you to leave now." I heard Percy say. I look out to window to find that is already dark. I get up and say my goodbye's to everyone. Once I got to the Slytherin common room, I see Malfoy sitting on the couch talking to his minions. I go over to them.
"Malfoy's minions, leave." I said sounding threatening to scare them. Which it did and they quickly leave.
"That's not their names." Malfoy said. I sit down on the couch in front of him.
"I don't care." I said.
"What do you need?" Malfoy asked.
"Do you hate me?" I asked. Malfoy looks at me blinking.
"I don't dislike you." He said. I look at him confused. He doesn't dislike me? What does that mean?
"All right." I said. I get up.
"Do you like that book?" He asked. I look at him and nod.
"It's a good book." I said. He looked relieved but quickly went back to his normal look.
"Good." He said.