7 : Year 1

Mills^

_____________

           Christmas was coming. I woke up to find that Hogwarts was covered in a foot of snow. I can't wait for the holidays to start. I really miss mum and dad, also Mills. Today the Slytherin first years had Potions with the Gryffindor first years. It's really cold in here. I had to put my gloves on. I was next to Malfoy staying close to the hot cauldron keeping warm.
"Nia, are you going home for Christmas?" Malfoy asked. I nod.
"Yes." I said.
"I do feel so sorry for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home." Malfoy said looking at Harry. I shake my head. Malfoy's minions chuckled. I shush them. Ron and Harry were staying at Hogwarts and so were Ron's brothers. His family are going to Romania to visit Ron's brother Charlie. Once Potions class was over, we left the dungeons, we see a large tree blocking the corridor ahead. Two enormous feet sticking out at the bottom of the tree and a loud puffing sound. It was Hagrid.
"Hi, Hagrid, want any help?" Ron asked sticking his head through the branches.
"Nah, I'm all right, thanks, Ron." Hagrid said.
"Would you mind moving out of the way?" Malfoy asked rudely, coming from behind us.
"Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose- that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's used to." Malfoy said. I about to yell at him when Ron dived at Malfoy.
"Weasley!" I hear Snape shouted. Ron let go of Malfoy's robe.
"He provoked, Professor Snape," Hagrid said sticking his head out from behind the tree.
"Malfoy was insultin' his family." Hagrid said.
"Be that as it may, fighting is against Hogwarts rule, Hagrid, Five points from Gryffindor, Weasley, and be grateful it isn't more. Move along, all of you." Snape said. Malfoy and his minions roughly past the tree, scattering needles everywhere and smirking.
"I'll get him," Ron said, grinding his teeth at Malfoy's back.
"One of these days, I'll get him-"
"I hate them both, Malfoy and Snape." Harry said. I nodded in agreement. Even if Malfoy is being nice to me doesn't mean I have to.
"Come on, cheer up, it's nearly Christmas. Tell yeh what, come with me an' see the Great Hall, looks a treat." Hagrid said. We all follow Hagrid to the Great Hall, where Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick were busy with the Christmas decorations.
"Ah, Hagrid, the last tree- put it in the far corner, would you?" The looked amazing. Festoons of holly and mistletoe hung all around the walls and no less than twelve towering Christmas trees stood around the room, some sparkling with tiny icicles, some glittering with hundreds of candles. It was all so beautiful.
"How many days you got left until yer holidays?" Hagrid asked.
"Just one, and that reminds me- Harry, Nia, Ron we've got half an hour before lunch, we should be in the library." Hermione said.
"Oh yeah, you're right." Ron said tearing his eyes away from Professor Flitwick who had golden bubbles blossoming out of his wand and was trailing them over the branches of the new tree.
"The library? Just before the holidays? Bit keen, aren't yeh?" Hagrid asked.
"Oh, we're not working," Harry said brightly.
"Ever since you mentioned Nicholas Flamel we've been trying to find out who he is." Harry said. Oh, Harry.
"You what?" Hagrid looked shocked.
"Listen here- I've told yeh- drop it. It's nothin' to you what that dog's guardin'." Hagrid said.
"We just want to know who Nicolas Flamel is, that's all." Hermione said. I nod.
"Unless you'd like to tell us who he is and save us the trouble?" I said.
"We must've been through hundreds of books already and we can't find him anywhere- just give us a hint- I know I've read his name somewhere." Harry said.
"I'm sayin' nothin'." Hagrid said flatly.
"Just have to find out for ourselves, then." Ron said. We left Hagrid looking disgruntled and we hurried off to the library.
We didn't find anything on Nicolas Flamel in the library. But now being the holidays, I had gotten gifts for everyone. Hermione and I were on the train talking about what we had gotten the boys. Neville was with us and I felt bad that I didn't get anything for him. I told them I was going to go the bathroom. I got up and leave the compartment. I walk down the train. I hear one of the compartment doors open and shut. Once I came back, Malfoy was sitting next to Neville.
"Nia, finally. I was just talking about what I'm getting for Christmas." Malfoy said. I roll my eyes.
"Let me guess you're glotting?" I asked sounding annoyed.
"Yes." Malfoy said. I get passed him and Neville and sit down next to Hermione.
"Nia, what are you getting for Christmas?" Malfoy asked. Why is he even here? I look at Hermione and she looked at me shaking her head.
"Why are you here, Malfoy?" I asked.
"Cause I just want to know what you're getting for Christmas." Malfoy said. I look at him confused but annoyed as well.
"And why would you want to know that?" I asked. He shrugged.
"Why are you with them?" Malfoy asked. I shake my head. Here we go again.
"You're Slytherin, even if you're muggle-born. Slytherins always stick together." Malfoy said.
"Parkinson doesn't think so." Hermione said. I smile at her.
"That's because she doesn't like Nia." Malfoy said.
"And you do?" Hermione asked. Malfoy stared at her for a second and then glared at her. He gets up.
"No." Malfoy said. He opens the compartment door.
"Never." Malfoy said. And he left.
"I swear he's always bothering us." Hermione said. Neville and I nodded in agreement.
"He's just mad because Harry didn't want to be his friend." I said. Hermione nodded.
Once we got to the train station, I said my goodbyes to Hermione and Neville. I was walking around with my trolley and also looking around for my parents. Maybe they didn't go through the wall. I walked over to the wall and see my parents and Mills. I grinned and run over to them with my trolley.
"Mum, dad, Mills!" I called them. They all look at me and smile big. Once I got to them I quickly hug them.
"Nia, honey, my have you grown." Mum said. I smiled at her. I let go of them.
"How was the train ride?" Dad asked. I thought about what happened with Malfoy.
"It was fine." I said. Once we got , I noticed they already put the lights up. I guess you could say that it was a big house, that's only because of dad's work.
"Don't tell me you put the tree up without me?" I asked. They laugh.
"Of course not, Nini, I would never start without you." Mills said. Every year before Christmas, Mills and I go find a tree and bring it to the house and put the decorations. It's like a tradition for Mills and I.
"Go put your clothes away and changed, then we'll go." Mills said. I nodded and run inside the house. I quickly say hi to Janice and Nigel and run upstairs to my before they could insult me. I put my trunk on the . I noticed a white cage in the corner of my room. I smiled. I take Milly out of her cage and put her in the new one. I began putting my clothes away. Once I was done, I changed into my clothes. I tuck my pants into my shoes and leave my room.
"Did you have fun at that freak school?" I hear Janice ask me. I face her and she was smirking. Nigel was next to her smirking as well. I rolled my eyes.
"I know the both of you are jealous." They smirks turn into glares. Nigel opened his mouth to say something but I beat him to it.
"And you should, I mean I have magic and you don't. I could do things you can't and you both are jealous of that. It's a good thing too, honestly." I said smirking.
"And what's that suppose to mean?" Nigel asked glaring at me and getting in my face.
"You know, I've learned many spells." I took my wand out.
"And I know a charm that can silence you." I said pointing at Nigel. Nigel backed away. They both had fear in their eyes.
"You're not allowed to use magic outside of your freak school." Janice said. I smirked.
"Rules can be broken." I said. I held my wand up ready to do the charm.
"Silen-" They quickly run down stairs. I look back and giggle.
"That will make them leave me alone for a while." I said to myself. I put my wand under my bed so that Janice nor Nigel can use it. Which really they can't. I go down stairs and see Mills sitting down watching something on the television. He looks at me and smiles.
"You ready?" Mills asked. I smiled back at him and nod.
"Yeah, let's go." I said. I grab my coat and put it on.
"Nia, did you threaten to use a spell on your brother and sister?" Mum asked. I face her.
"No, mum, magic isn't allowed outside of Hogwarts, even if it was I wouldn't use a spell on Janice or Nigel." I said. Mum faced them.
"You both, stop trying to get your sister in trouble." Mum said. I smirk at Nigel and Janice.
"Let's go." Mills said. He opened the door and goes out. I stuck my tongue out at them and leave the house. I get inside the car. Mills turns it on and the heater. Mills looks at me.
"Did you really?" Mills asked. I sigh and drop my head.
"Yes." I said. I looked up at him.
"I wasn't really go to use it. I was just trying to frighten them." I said. Mills smiles and shakes his head.
"You've changed, Nini." Mills said. He began to drive. I look at him confused.
"What do you mean I've changed?" I asked.
"You use to be so quiet and you would never stand up for yourself. And now look at you, you talk more and you stood up for yourself. I'm proud of you." Mills said. I smiled.
"Well, it's all thanks to my friends." I said.
"Harry, Ron and Hermione, right?" Mills asked. I nodded.
"If it wasn't for them. I'd probably be as cruel as Malfoy." I said.
"Did you like the cage dad got you?" Mills asked. I smiled.
"I love it and so does Milly." I said. Once we got to the place where they sell trees. I picked a big one since our ceiling is very high. We headed back home and started getting the tree ready. Dad had brought the Christmas decorations and Mills and I started decorating the tree. After a while, we finally . I was quite pleased of how this one turned out.
"It's beautiful." I hear Mum say from behind me. I turn around and smile at her. Suddenly, Milly came flying over to me. I hold my arm out and she landed on it. I hear someone running down the stairs. Nigel looks at me with widen eyes.
"You're home." Nigel said with widen eyes.
"You're lucky Milly's a good girl." I said walking towards Nigel. I stand on my toes.
"I know many spells, Nigel. And I won't hesitate to use one on you." I said. Mind you, I don't actually know how to cast one but he doesn't know that. I go upstairs into my room and put Milly in her cage. I grab a treat for her and give it to her.
"For being good." I said.
I woke up to the house and streets covered in snow. It's a white Christmas. I smile big and run down stairs. Everyone was they there waiting for me. I quickly go over to them.
"Finally." Janice said. Mum hands me hot chocolate with cinnamon. That's a tradition as well.
"Like always, oldest to youngest." Dad said. Mills grabs his present and begins to open them. He got clothes.
"Since your birthday is 10 days and you're turning 18, you're mother and I thought it was time to give you your own car." Dad said holding out car keys. Mills looked at them with a big smile. He grabbed the key and went outside. It was a new grey blue car. Mills came back inside and hugged mum and dad.
"I love you both." Mills said.
"We love you too." Mum said. It was now Nigel's turn. He grabbed his present and opened them all at once. He got clothes too. He also got two concert ticket to one of the music artist he likes. He thanks mum and dad. Next was Janice, she got some clothes and a lot of records for her record player. Finally, it was my turn, I open my first present and it was two books called Too Far and The God of Small Things. I thank my parents and open the next present. They was full set of .
"Oooh, I like it." I said. Mum and dad smiled at me. I open the last one and see a little hat and owl food. I look at mum and dad.
"Is that a hat for Milly?" I asked. Mum smiled and dad nodded. My face lights up in happiness. I squeal and grab the hat. I run up the stairs and they all follow me to my room.
"Milly!" I called out for her. She hoots. I go over to her cage and open it. I point to my bed and she flys over to it. I go over to her and put the hat on. I squeal louder. She so cute and she seem to like it.
"I love it and so does Milly." I said. I hugged them both.

Sorry it took long to upload. I got my wisdom teeth taken out and the painkillers they give me makes me sick and really tired. I'm not going to take them anymore. Please comment! Also the link below is the Christmas Tree. ~ Poppy