4 : Year 1

Milly^

         I had found out we're having flying lessons with the Gryffindors. The Slytherin weren't happy but I was pretty happy about it. This morning Neville had gotten a Remembrall, it turns red when you forget something. Malfoy took it away from Neville but quickly give it back because Professor McGonagall told him to. Now being the afternoon, the boys and I headed to the ground for our flying lessons. Some of the Slytherin were already there. There was 20 broomsticks lying in a neat line on the ground. Our teacher, Madam Hooch arrived. She had short, gray hair, and yellow eyes like a hawk. It was quite fascinating.

"Well, what are you all waiting for? Everyone stand by a broomstick." I stand next to my broom.
"Stick out your right hand over your broom and say 'Up!'" She said. I shout up and nothing happen but Harry's broom immediately went into his hand. I shouted it again and it wobbled. After finally everyone getting the brooms up, Madam Hooch then showed us how to mount our brooms without sliding off. She walked up and down the rows correcting everyone's grip. Ron, Harry and I was delighted when Madam Hooch told Malfoy he'd been doing it wrong for years.
"Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet and then come straight back down by leaning forward slightly. On my whistle- three- two-" Neville pushed off hard before the whistle was blown.
"Come back, boy!" She shouted. Neville continued to rise up. He slid right off his broom. I ooed when Neville hit the ground hard with a nasty crack and his broomstick was still rising higher and higher, and started to drift towards the forbidden forest.
"Broken wrist." I heard her mutter. I look back to her and see her holding Neville's hand.
"Come on, boy - it's all right, up you get." She said helping Neville up. She turned to us.
"None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can say 'Quidditch.'" She turn back around.
"Come on, dear." She said. Neville had tears flowing down his face while clutching his wrist. After they were out of view, Malfoy burst into laughter.
"Did you see his face, the great lump?" Malfoy said. I glare at him.
"Shut up, Malfoy." I snapped at him.
"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" Pansy says. I glare at her.
"Of course a mudblood like you would do so." She said. I was about to pounce on her but Harry and Ron held me back.
"Look!" Malfoy said, darting forward and snatching something out of the grass,
"It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him." Draco said holding up the the Remembrall.
"Give it here, Malfoy." Harry said quiet. Everyone stopped talking. Harry and Ron both let go of me. Malfoy smirked.
"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find- how about- up a tree?" Malfoy said.
"Give it here!" Harry shouted. Malfoy leapt onto his broom and takes off. So he was lying, he can fly.
"Come and get it, Potter!" Draco shouted. Harry grabbed his broom.
"No!" Hermione shouted coming over to Harry.
"Madam Hooch told us not to move- you'll get us all in trouble." She said but Harry ignored her and mounted the broom. He kicked hard against the ground and he flew up in the air. Some girls screamed and gasps. Ron and I cheered Harry on. Harry flew towards Malfoy and they started fighting. I couldn't hear them since they were far in the sky.
"Why are cheering him on?" I hear a girl say. I turn around and see a girl with pigtails and a snug face.
"Why not?" I asked.
"Because you're a Slytherin. He's a Gryffindor." Pansy said.
"Really? I had no idea." I said sounding surprised. Pansy glares at me and I smirk.
"Harry's got the ball!" Someone shouted. I turn around to see Harry landing softly on the ground.
"Harry Potter!" I turn around and see Professor McGonagall running towards us.
"Never- in all my time at Hogwarts-" Professor McGonagall was almost speechless with shock and her glasses flashed furiously.
"- How are you- might have broken your neck-"
"It wasn't his fault, Professor-"
"Be quiet, Backenter-"
"But Malfoy-"
"That's enough, Mr. Weasley. Potter, follow me, now." McGonagall said. Harry started falling Professor McGonagall. Once they were out of view, Malfoy burst out laughing. I turn to him.
"You're a right foul git, you know that?" I said.
"Big word for a small girl." Malfoy said. I glared at him.
"You best hope Harry doesn't get expelled." Ron said. Malfoy looked at his minions and glared at Ron.
"Is that a threat?" He asked. I went up to him and got in his face.
"Yes." I said glaring at him.
"You wait tell my father hears about this." Malfoy said.
"Good for you." I said.
It was dinner time. I was finishing up my food when I saw Harry talking to Ron. Oh no. I quickly finish my food and walk over to their table.
"Harry, what happen?" I asked. Harry looked around.
"Sit." He said patting the sit. I sit between him and Ron.
"I'm going to be the new Quidditch seeker." Harry said. I read about Quidditch. I like it, it sounded fun and exciting.
"You're joking." I said.
"That's what I said." Ron said to me.
"You know about Quidditch, Nia?" Harry asked. I nod.
"I read about it in a book." I said smiling. They both chuckle.
"Well, I start training next week. Only don't tell anyone, Wood wants to keep it a secret." Harry said. Ron and I nod.
"Well done," I hear George say quietly. I turn around and see the twins.
"Wood told us. We're on the team too- Beaters."
"I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch cup for sure this year. We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Harry, Wood was skipping when he told us." Fred said.
"Anyway, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school." George said.
"Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you." Fred said. The twins leave and seconds after, Malfoy and his minions come over to us. Great.
"Having a last meal, Potter? When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?" Malfoy said. I was was about to say something but Harry beat me to it.
"You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you." Harry said coldly. The minions glare at Harry and crack their knuckles.
"I'd take you on anytime on my own. Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only- no contact." Whimp.
"What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?" Malfoy asked.
"Of course he has. I'm his second, who's yours?" Ron asked. Malfoy looked at Crabbe and Goyle, sizing them up. Does size really matter?
"Crabbe, midnight all right?" Crabbe nods.
"We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked." Malfoy said. When he and his minions left. We looked at each other.
"What is a wizard's duel? And what do you mean you're my second?" Harry asked.
"Well,a second's there to take over if you die." Ron casually said while he grabbed a cold pie. I look at Ron quizzical. I shake my head and look at Harry,
"But in this case you'll mostly won't get hurt. You nor Draco know enough spells to do any real damage." I said. Harry nodded.
"Let me guess you read about wizard dueling?" Ron asked. I smiled and nodded.
"Wait, what if I wave my wand and nothing happens?" Harry asked.
"Throw it away and punch him on the nose." Ron said. I chuckled and nodded in agreement.
"Excuse me." I hear Hermione said from front of us.
"Can't a person eat in peace in this place?" Ron asked. Hermione ignored him.
"I couldn't help overhearing what you and Malfoy were saying-"
"Bet you could." Ron muttered.
"- and you mustn't go wandering around the school at night, think of the points you'll lose Gryffindor if you're caught and you're bound to be. It's really very selfish of you." Hermione said.
"And it's really none of your business." Harry said getting up.
"Good-bye." Ron said getting as well. I smile at her kindly and follow the boys out of the Great Hall.
"That was quite harsh." I said. They stop and look at me.
"Well, she's always getting in our business." Ron said. I frown.
"So do I." I said.
"Well, that's because you're our friend." Harry said. Ron nodded.
Ron and I spent all day giving Harry advice. They didn't want me to go cause I might get hurt. But I'm still going, I just haven't told them that I am. I was in my bed waiting for the right time to leave. Pansy has been snoring so even if I make a long noise, I doubt any of the girl well hear. I look at the time and it was 11:20. I got up and put my shoes on. I quietly leave the girl's dorm and leave the common room. It's cold, I should have brought my robe. I started heading towards the Gryffindor common room. Once I was almost there, I see Neville on the floor sleeping. I was about to wake him up but I heard Harry talking.
"Shut up, both of you! I heard something." Harry whispered sharply. I go behind the corner and jump out.
"Boo!" I scared them. They all scream.
"Nia!" They all shout quietly. I chuckle.
"Thank goodness you found me! I've been out here for hours, I couldn't remember the new password to get into bed." Neville said. I turn around.
"Keep your voice down, Neville. The password's 'Pig snout' but it won't help you now, the Fat Lady's gone off somewhere." Ron said.
"How's your arm?" Harry asked.
"Fine." Neville said showing us hind wrist.
"Madam Pomfrey mended it in about a minute." Neville said.
"Good- well, look, Neville, we've got to be somewhere, we'll see you later-"
"Don't leave me!" Neville said scrambling to his feet.
"I don't want to stay here alone, the Bloody Baron's been past twice already." Neville said sounding scared. Ron looked at his watch and glared at Hermione and Neville.
"If either of you get us caught, I'll never rest until I've learned that Curse of the Bogies Quirrell told us about and use it on you." Ron said. He turn to me.
"And you." I put my hands up. He shakes his head. Harry and Ron beckoned us forward. Once we got to the trophy room, Malfoy wasn't there yet.
"He's late." Ron whispered.
"Or maybe he chicken out." I whispered back. Then a noise in next room made us jump. Harry raised his hand.
"Sniff around, my sweet, they might be lurking in a corner." It was Filch talking to Mrs. Norris. Oh no. Harry madly waved at us to follow him. We all scurried silently towards the door, away from Filch's voice.
"They're in here somewhere, probably hiding." I hear Filch say. Harry mouth 'this way' so we followed him down a long gallery full of suits of armor. I could hear Filch getting closer. Neville suddenly let out a frightened squeak and run but he tripped and grabbed me around the waist making us fall right into a suit of armor. The clanging and crashing was so loud. Ron quickly helps me get up and I help Neville up.
"Run!" Harry yells. The five of us sprint down the gallery not looking back to whether Filch was chasing us. We swung around the doorpost and galloped down one corridor then another. Harry was leading the whole time and I don't think he knows where we're going. We go through a tapestry and found ourselves in a hidden passageway. We came out near our Charms classroom, which was miles away from the trophy room. We stop and rest.
"I think we've lost him." Harry said.
"I - told- you." Hermione said gasping and clutching her chest.
"We've got to get back to Gryffindor tower quickly as possible. And you Nia have to the Slytherin's common room." Ron says. I nod finally catching my breath.
"Malfoy tricked you," Hermione said to Harry.
"You realize that, don't you? He was never going to meet you- Filch knew someone was going to be in the trophy room, Malfoy must have tipped him off." Hermione. She's right, damn Malfoy, he'll pay for this.
"Let's go." Harry said. We started walking but sooner after a doorknob rattled and something came shooting out of it in front of us. It was Peeves. Once he saw us, he squeal of delight.
"Shut up, Peeves- please- you'll get thrown out." Harry said. Peeves cackled.
"Wandering around at midnight, Ickle Firsties? Tut, tut, tut. Naughty, naughty, you'll get caughty." Peeves said. Caughty. I shake my head.
"Not if you don't give us away, Peeves, please." Harry said. I look at Hermione, she looked terrified. Probably cause she doesn't want to get expelled.
"Should tell Filch, I should." Peeves said in a saint like voice.
"It's for your own good, you know." Peeves said. I shake my head. I'm getting annoyed by this.
"Get out of the way." I snapped trying to swipe at Peeves.
"Students out of bed!" Peeves shouted. I stepped back.
"Students out of bed down the charms corridor!" We duck under Peeves and ran for our lives. We go down to the corridor slamming into a door, which was locked.
"This is it!" Ron moaned as we push on the door.
"We're done for! This is the end!" Ron squealed. I could hear footsteps running.
"Oh, move over."Hermione said. She grabbed Harry's wand and tapped the lock.
"Alohomora!" She whispered. The lock clicked and the door swung open. We piled through it and shut it quickly. They press their ears on the door. I hear breathe coming from behind me. I slowly turn around and I'm horrified to what I'm seeing. A big three headed dog was staring at us with eyes filled with anger. I gasp quietly. Neville seem to notice it too.
"He thinks this door is locked. I think we'll be okay- get off, Neville!" Harry whispered. I started back away since the dog was getting closer to us. Suddenly we all fell back and Harry slams the door. We get up and run for it. We didn't stop until we got to portrait of the Fat Lady.
"Where on earth have you all been?" She asked. Ron grabbed my hand making me hid behind him.
"Nevermind that- pig snout, pig snout." Harry said panting. The portrait swung open and we all go in and they all collapsed onto the chairs. I collapsed on the floor panting.
"What do they think they're doing, keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?" Ron finally spoke.
"If any dog needs exercise, that one does." Ron said.
"You don't use your eyes, any of you, do you?" Hermione snapped.
"Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione asked.
"The floor? I wasn't looking at it's feet, I was too busy with it's heads." Harry said. I nod while still laying flat on the floor.
"No, not the floor. It was standing on a trapdoor. It's obviously guarding something." Hermione said. She stood up and glared at us.
"I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed- or worse, expelled. Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to bed." Hermione said going over to the stairs.
"And Nia, you should get back to your common room." She said and with that she left.
"I really do think you should go out with Filch searching the place." Ron said. Harry nodded.
"Yeah, Nia, stay here until morning. We'll bring you a pillow and covers." Harry said. They got up and went up stairs. Neville also went up stairs. Harry and Ron come back with covers and pillow. I get up
"Why so many?" I asked as they sit laid the pillows and sheets on the floor in front of the fireplace.
"Cause we're going to sleep over here with you." Harry said. I smiled.
"Well, all right."

Sorry it took a week to upload this chapter. My computer is being dumb. But I really hope you enjoyed. Please comment don't be a silent reader! ~ Poppy