☁︎ eleven ☁︎

authors note: this is kind of a 'filler' chapter in order for the next one to fall in place so pls be patient!!! van has to deal with some problems in the next one so stay tuned & thank you for your patience and thank you for reading!! xoxo

:・゚✧:・゚✧:・゚✧

"Van, you're going to tell me 'I told you so', but I should probably see what my mother is up to. she keeps blowing up my phone, maybe it's important." 

as our bodies rested on the bed, I rolled my head to the left to look at Catherine, who finally seemed concerned. I nodded, agreeing.

"do you want me to take you home then?"

"yes, please. I could go for a shower as well."

I laughed, standing up to grab my coat and keys. "there's been a shower here, you know. you could have used it."

Catherine gave me a look and I looked down at me feet. "yeah, yeah, I remember, you only like showering at home. sorry princess, I forgot."

in return, she tugged on my ear and I faked a squeal. "come on, Van." 

"okay, okay," I chuckled, following her out of the hotel and into the parking lot.

:・゚✧:・゚✧:・゚✧

"same cosy little cottage?" I asked, buckling my seatbelt.

"yeah, mum hasn't budged."

"I don't blame her, that cottage is fucking adorable."

Catherine giggled, and it was more blissful than any music I could ever listen to, or play.

"you've always loved my mums cottage, maybe she'll leave it to you." 

"you're her daughter, Cath. she'll leave it to you, as she should." I replied, even though I knew her statement wasn't serious. she simply smiled, and her eyes became glossy as we came closer to her home.

"you alright?" I asked, and she paused.

"yeah," she sighed. "I just... I don't want something to be wrong, or serious. I'm hoping she's just mad, and that's it."

"Cath, I'm sure everything's fine. she probably just hates me now, that's all. I'll try to get her trust back, I promise. don't worry."

Catherine smiled a weak and fake smile, probably thinking I wouldn't notice - but I did. the only thing that worried me was the thought of her pets, or maybe her father is trying to get back in her life again. she's always hated her father and I can't blame her for that, he broke her too many times. her father never really cared about Catherine or her mother, and that bothered me immensely. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I wasn't going to admit that.

"Catherine... look, whatever it is, if anything, because hey - we don't know yet - I promise I'll be there for you every step of the way, no matter what, okay?" I spoke, gripping her thigh, squeezing it a bit. she took a deep breath as we were pulling into her drive.

"Van?" she spoke, looking at me with wide eyes.

"yeah?"

"do you remember that one time, when we were around eight years old, and we were playing in my neighbours garden, hiding in the tall grass?"

I nodded my head. "yeah,"

"well, do you remember when we were talking about growing up, and we said when we did, we'd be roommates, and live together?"

"I do. I remember it clearly, actually."

"did we make that a pinky-promise?"

"I think we did." I said, studying her eyes. oddly enough, I love how she looks when she's upset. I hate, actually, I loathe when she's upset, but I love how her dark eyes sparkle when she is. I feel bad for that, but she does look beautiful.

"well, if someday, my mother does give me this cottage, I'll share it with you. our pact always meant to keep our promises."

I continued to simply look at her. I was surprised and a little thrown off. "Catherine..."

"Van, I want to share it with you." she said firmly, and I tucked some of her hair behind her ears. she mumbled something whilst I smoothed the back of her hair down, but I couldn't make out what she said.

it sounded a little like "I need you", but I think I'm just imaging her saying that.

or more so, hoping for it.