Ch. 14 (Beyoncé)

B'DAY

Arizona

When I woke up this morning after a long night of temptations, I was sad to find out that Shawn wasn't laying next to me.

I pouted and sat up, all I slept in last night was one of Shawn's T-shirts. My mind was begging for him to make the first move, but he never did.

All of a sudden I was horny and aching for something I couldn't ask for. I can tell Shawn wanted to do it a while back but I wasn't ready being scared that he would just up and leave. I ignored his libido so I figured he would ignore mine too and shut me out.

It's not that I was beginning to believe that he found me unattractive because everyday he told me I was beautiful. My heart melted at his mentality, he saw the lack of confidence in me, and I hadn't realized that it was there until he pointed it out. All my life I was told I was beautiful, but I never believed it until Shawn came into my life.

I sat on the edge of the bed when I saw a note sitting on the dresser, I got up and went to read it.

Happy birthday baby, sorry I wasn't there when you woke up but you'll be very happy when you see why. I'm glad that you've seen another year. See you soon.
~ Carter

A smile appeared on my face, this man does thing to me.

I went into the bathroom to freshen up and get ready for my day.

******

When I got out of the shower and did my hygiene routine and in the midst of it Shawn walked in.

"Hey baby," I greeted him and added a kiss. The kiss lasted longer than expected but there was no tongue involved.

"Happy birthday," he said grabbing both of my hands.

"Thank you," I said and pecked his lips twice.

"So where were you this morning?" I asked him continuing to get dressed.

"Finishing a couple things that I have planned for us, when you're done getting dressed I have some things for you."

"Shawn," I said looking at him.

"You really didn't have to," I continued.

"But I wanted to. No harm in that," he said and left the room.

I continued to dress myself and then I made my way downstairs.

When I got to the end of the staircase there was nothing but name brand bags in front of me. I paused and Shawn snapped a picture of my reaction.

The words 'thank you' came out of my mouth I believe, wasn't sure because I was literally at a loss for words. I stepped over the bags and hugged Shawn, I was very appreciative of his actions because nobody besides my father has ever spoiled me like this.

We stood there like that for a while until Shawn started the conversation up, in my state of bliss there was no way that I could.

"Come on, I have more surprises for you," he said and took me by my hand.

Together we walked out of the house to be greeted by the sun-rays and the crisp Arizona heat, I frowned a little bit wishing I was still back on the east where they had normal temperatures in September.