Chapter 65- It's Going Down Part 2

Start from the beginning

It's going down today at sound check.

****

Artemis

"So can I do it, Keisha?" I asked Keisha as we all got in the building we'd be performing in later tonight.

"Yeah, Artemis. That'll be cute." Keisha smiled. I wanted to recite this poem for Prince. After I left Diggy last night, I stayed up in my bunk all night looking at it. I'm gonna recite it during sound check.

"Thanks, Keisha. I just hope he likes it." I sighed.

"He'll love it." Keisha assured me. I nodded and sat by the girls in our dressing room we had to share with OMG Girlz. Star and Beauty didn't tell us anything and we didn't tell them anything.

"Why are you so nervous, Artemis?" Babydoll asked.

"I wrote a poem for Prince and I'm gonna recite it for him today in a few minutes." I blew out a huff of breath as my leg shook up and down.

"That's so cute!" Jari squealed.

"Whatever it is, he'll love it." Brittany smiled.

"Unique Royalty to sound check." Someone said in an intercom type speaker.

Juno, Brittany, Isis, Jari, and I got up.

"Break a leg." Babydoll told me. I just nodded as I followed the girls out.

Once the girls and I got on stage, we quickly did sound check then Keisha nodded at me.

"Mindless-- What? Oh. Okay. Never mind." The speaker person said. Keisha pulled a stool out for me.

"Princeton to stage. Princeton to stage." The speaker person said. A few seconds later, Prince walked on stage and looked at me.

I smiled and talked into my microphone that I still had on.

"Okay. Uh...I wrote poem for you, Princeton. I only had the beginning at first, but I finished it last night. It's called Have You? I hope you like it." I said before I started the poem.

"Have you ever liked someone so much that it hurts? That whenever you look at them your heart pounds one thousand times harder than normal? That your hands sweat and your body trembles?

I wonder if they even notice the effect their smile has on me. I wonder if they know of the high I receive when they look my way. I wonder if they notice the way my heart races three thousand miles and back when they touch me.

Does he know that my soul sings when he comes near me? Does he know that I have been searching for someone like him for a thousand years-- since the beginning of time? Does he ever notice me?

Have you ever liked someone so much that it hurts? That whenever you look at them your heart pounds one thousand times harder than normal? That your hands sweat and your body trembles?"

By the third stanza, I stood up and walked to Prince. He had a frown on his face until I started then he smiled really big at the sappy, sentimental things in the poem. When I finished, I waited for him to say something. I turned my mic off.

"I already know how much I affect you." He asked then smiled real wide and hugged me. "I loved it. You made it just for me?"

"Yes. Just for you and only you. And I am not cheating on you with Diggy. He just listened to a song for me. Diggy is like a brother." I told him. We pulled apart.

"How did y--?"

"Try closing the door when you wanna speak privately on a bus." I teased him.

"Uh...you see...it's Jacob's fault!" Prince pointed at Jacob as he passed by. Jacob stopped walking, but ran when I glared at him.