When Love Runs Red:: Chapter Four

Start from the beginning

           "How are you feeling?" he asked. Her pain seemed to the dull then at the sound of the deep rumble of the man's voice. It was so strong and sexual, he was truly a perfectly made man. The kind mothers would be proud to call their sons. He gave her a questioning look when she didn't reply. Blinking she frowned at her leg remembering her pain.

             "It hurts," she muttered, "I feel so light, light like a feather,"

             He didn't smile, didn't do much of anything; just continued to stare at her. He was a confusing male. So serious she noted. Always alert. She looked back at him, waiting for him to say something but instead got lost into the green of his eyes. They were so stunning, even though she had seen it once before when he had saved her. He moved then which made her jump in her bones. He tucked his arms beneath her and picked her up bridal style once more, before placing her on the bed.

            "Your leg was badly injured one would expect it to hurt for some time," he said looking down at her as she lay on the bed. She gazed up at him wishing to know more about the man who had saved her; move about where she was. She hadn't expected to blurt out what she said next.

            "I'm scared," she muttered. Something softened in his eyes. He reached out and stroked a strand of hair out of her face.

            "I know," he muttered before turning around and leaving her just as confused as she had been before.

Stanley knocked throw a chair in blind fury. It flew through the air before hitting the back wall with a terrible crack. The chair had split, living small splintered pieces remaining. His gaze was fixated on the wolf before him; his fangs out and eyes piercing. Failure. Utter failure racked through him. Oh how he hated failure. The wolf looked back with panicked eyes.

            "What do you mean you have lost the girl?" he roared, anger boiling his blood. They had had one simple task. He had handed out the simplest of tastes. To capture and secure the young human girl, and what had happened? The wolf had gone rabid and had gotten killed by Dante. His blood curdled at the name. That man was his downfall. He hated that man with a passion that could not be matched. Hated him so much it turned his blood to acid at the mere mention of his name. And now where was the girl? With the very man he hated, in the one place he could not get into. The Queen's Palace.

            "It is as I told you! The wolf went rabid," the wolf grunted though he was clearly scared. Stanley shot him a venomous look.

            "It is as you told me? Would you mind trying to say that again or do I have to remind you who is in charge here?" he hissed at the wolf. Heated anger filled the wolfs brown eyes. He was sure it wanted nothing more than to rip his throat open. Instead it pushed its dark mattered hair from his face and bowed before Stanley.

             "I am sorry Sir, but it is as I said the wolf went rabid and with the forces in the area already been removed there was no chance another of the pack could secure the situation," he muttered. Stanley grunted in annoyance. Things had been going well, until the Queen had noticed his wolves in her territory. It was no matter, he knew he would get to the girl. He had to get to the girl for the sake of 'Pandemonium' and the well being of the whole kingdom.

           It was just a matter of time and patience and careful planning. Waving a hand at the wolf he dismissed its presence. As the wolf left he could feel a headache starting to bloom in his temple. He racked a hand through his hair and gave the ceiling a pleading look.

           "Dear God what do I do now?" he muttered in an almost silent prayer.

The Queen ran a hand over the silk gown laid out before her. It was a beautiful crimson red that seemed to go on for ever. A small smiled played at her lips as she traced each inch of fabric. It almost seemed to shimmer in the dim candle light. Looking out at the red morning moon she felt an almost small drip of joy. But it was soon demolished as she remembered Dante's news. A wolf had been found rabid in the woods, almost about to eat a young girl. She wanted to scream from the irritation of it all. Not only had the guards missed a possibly dangerous creature lurcing near her home but then there was the problem of this girl.

            According to Dante she didn't appear to be of their kind and yet didn't smell like a wolf. The girl was a mystery and Daniela wasn't sure if she should trust her. From Dante's reports the girl had been clueless as to who Daniela was or where this place was. Which was strange indeed. Perhaps she was insane? No matter now Daniela had to interview the girl, make sure she wasn't a spy. She wasn't sure if she should be curious or furious at the girls appearance but then a wolf had tried to kill her, so maybe curious was more appropriate.

            She turned her head at the sound of her door creaking open. Walking into the door her hair a long inky black was her niece Ivory. She was the only member of her family that remained alive. Daniela winced at the absence of her family. They had been so dear to her, and their death had left a gaping hole in her heart. She didn't like to think of their death it only brought sorrow, which only brought weakness.

           "Ivory what is it that you want that you could not have knocked before entering?" The Queen snapped regaining her strong persona. The girl seemed shocked at the question, her bright blue eyes widening. She bowed low and muttered a sorry.

            "It is fine girl, but you still have not stated what you want," The Queen remained her. The girl gave a short nod then seemed to flush.

           "I was looking for Dante. I wished to see him," He cheeks tainted pink at the mention of him. Daniela had to suppress a sigh. Ivory was only one hundred or so making her an adolescence, hence why she had an attraction to Dante. She was taken to him in an almost irritating way. Dante being her senior didn't return her feelings and Daniela thought it was better that way. The girl didn't need to go running off after her ambassador; there were plenty of other suitors out there for her who had very little to do. Dante's job was important and she believed he didn't have the time to go scouting after young girls.

            "I do not know where Dante is, and it is by my order you leave him be. He has work to do today and you have studying," she said giving her a stern look. Ivory's eyes shimmered with distaste then, but she didn't state her feelings. Bowing again she muttered her agreement on the matter and left the Queen to her lonesome self. Looking down at the blood red of her gown once more she couldn't help but get the frightening feeling things were about to change real soon.