SEVENTEEN; WHATEVER IT TAKES

Start from the beginning

"Make it stop," Estella whispered to herself. Her eyes were squeezed shut, her hands knotted in her hair. She pulled tightly on her scalp. She wanted to pull her hair out--the stupid, fucking song was driving her crazy.

This is dedicated to the one I love.

When Estella opened her eyes again, she spotted her younger brother's mop of hair in the crowds. She swallowed thickly and made her way to him, discarding her thoughts...for now.

Stefan noticed his sister's distressed state and a look of concern washed over his face. "You okay?" Stefan questioned over the music.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's all good," Estella replied loudly. It was a lie, Stefan knew, but questioning his sister would only push her into madness. Instead, Stefan rubbed his sister's arm soothingly--a gesture Estella found annoying but comforting.

This is dedicated to the one I love.

Estella shut her eyes. She kept reminding herself that Klaus didn't love her. He wanted to find her, conquer her, then throw her out of his life. He didn't love her. He was obsessed with her.

_____

Once the song ended, Damon found his siblings among the crowd, Elena in tow. He flashed them a smile. Stefan returned it easily, but Estella's was much more forced.

"That was a lame, cheap shot," Damon remarked to them. He was unimpressed with Klaus, but Estella knew better than to think that was Klaus' only move for the night. "He's just trying to bait us."

"I know everyone here," Elena stated, her doe eyes scanning the hoard of teenagers.

"I don't see Klaus anywhere," Estella spoke with a frown. "He must've compelled someone before the dance started."

"Maybe he's not here," Stefan suggested. "Just wants us to believe that he is."

"It's a party, people. Blend. Let him come to us," Damon declared. 

Estella nodded in agreement. "He'll have to make a move sometime soon. For now, let's just look like we're all kids having a good time at this stupid dance."

"Good idea," Bonnie agreed. She grabbed Jeremy's hand, who began to protest until she shut him up. Estella's lips tilted upwards, watching them dance.

"There's Ric. Let's go say hi," Damon told his sister. Estella followed him; she had nothing better to do at the dance.

Klaus (disguised as Alaric) immediately spotted Damon and Estella moving towards him. He smirked a little at Estella's sixties attire. However much he hated the sixties, he truly did love Estella in a dress and heels. Estella was unaware of Klaus checking her out, too distracted by her thoughts.

"Special dedication, huh? This guy is a little twisted," Klaus remarked once Damon and Estella reached him. Estella only shrugged in reply, trying not looking too affected.

"I'm not impressed," declared Damon with an annoyed look.

"No?" Klaus asked, surprised with his eyebrows raised.

"I mean, obviously he didn't do anything out of whack," Damon stated with a shrug. 

"Right, because you know Klaus so well," Estella said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes and took a sip from her flask.