Chapter Nine: Violent Ends

Realization washed over Edward as he held Bella's convulsing body. He was going to have to deliver the baby. "Just hold in there, Bella," He shouted as he rushed her into Carlisle's medical room. Her bloodcurdling screams of pain made his knees weak. The only thing he could do was stand by.

"I'm going to take the pain away," He said, his voice shaking. His hands snatched her shirt and ripped it in half, so she was half naked. Edward's eyes wandered the medical room, looking for anything to take the pain away. "Morphine," he mumbled as he snatched up a syringe and plunged it into Bella's neck. She let out a moan, but her body still shook, and more blood came out of her mouth. She was going to start choking on her own blood if Edward didn't do anything.

"The morphine has to kick in before I can help the baby," he murmured to himself and he swiftly picked up his cellphone and dialed Carlisle.

"Edward? Is everything alright?"

"The baby's coming!" He shouted into the phone.

"I'm on my way. Keep her stabilized and if you must, cut open her abdominal region to help the baby."

Edward gave a curt nod and hung up the phone. He picked up a scalpel just as Bella screamed "GET HER OUT!" at the top of her lungs. More blood flowed out of her mouth, and she started choking on it.

"Hold on, Bella!" The scalpel pressed into her swollen stomach, specks of crimson hitting Edward's face. It smelled absolutely delightful and mouth watering. He pushed away the thought and dug the scalpel deeper into her skin, causing more screams from Bella. Blood flowed out her stomach as Edward rolled up his sleeves and pushed his hands into her stomach, looking around for the baby.

He finally touched something cold and he lifted it out of her stomach. It was their baby. Their baby boy. Besides being covered in Bella's stomach contents and blood, he was beautiful. He had light green eyes, with the smallest glint of gold. He had a small tuft of dark brown hair on his head. The baby gurgled and started sucking on Edward's hand.

"Oliver Thomas Cullen," He whispered.

He could see Bella's pained eyes glaze over to Oliver, a weak smile planted on her face. "Let me see him," she croaked. Edward gently handed Oliver over to Bella. Oliver's lips rubbed together, making a funny sound. Bella managed a small smile as she looked her baby boy in his brilliant green eyes. "I love you, Oliver," she mumbled.

Edward's eyes widened as he read Oliver's mind, and quickly took Oliver away from Bella. "We don't think about biting Momma," He scolded.

"Daddy!" Renesmee rushed in and her eyes widened as she saw Bella. Tears filled up her eyes as Edward turned her around and looked her in her eyes. "Mom's fine. Go get Auntie Rosalie and Grandpa, now!" She ran out of the room and not even two seconds later, Carlisle and Rosalie were in the room.

"I'll take him," Rosalie said, snatching up a blanket and wrapping Oliver in it. She walked out of the room, cooing the Oliver as if he was her own. Edward looked at Bella. She wasn't moving. Nor was she breathing. All you could see was the ghost of her smile.

"No, no, no!" Edward panicked and grabbed Bella's arm and sunk his teeth into her arm. Her blood was so sweet, but he ignored it as he lifted her head up and dug his teeth into her main vein, running his tongue over the bite, making sure venom was inside.

"Edward..." Carlisle stated as Edward kept lifting up every limb and biting them.

"Carlisle, She's not responding to the venom!" Edward placed both hands on her chest and started pushing. He could hear her ribs cracking but he didn't care. He had to get her back. He had to hear her heart beat. He had to say "I love you." Was she really gone?