SIXTEEN; THE RUN AND GO

Start from the beginning

"Right. It all kind of meshes together up here, the sixties, seventies. Thank you, Elena," Klaus said, nodding towards her.

The class continued on, boring as ever, until the bell finally rang. Estella stood, grabbing her bag and putting stuff inside it slowly. She waited for everyone to exit the class before walking up to Alaric/Klaus.

"You okay?" Estella questioned him, her eyes searching his face.

"Yeah, 'course," Klaus replied easily with a smile.

"Are you sure? You seem a little off," Estella told him. "I mean, I'm not usually here...like, ever, but I'd think you would know what you're teaching."

"There's no need to worry about me, Estella," Klaus spoke. He smiled faintly at speaking her name again, and Estella noticed but didn't say anything.

"Alright. I think you're just hungover," Estella muttered. She knew Alaric wasn't drinking yesterday, though. He was sober.

"Yeah, that's it. One too many drinks at the ol' Grill."

Estella gave him a tight-lipped smile and left. She could feel a lump in her throat rise. She couldn't figure out why Alaric felt the need to lie to her, but she was going to figure it out.

_____

Estella ran a hand through her hair. She didn't like modern high-school a bit. There were too many people and too many teachers up her ass. Caroline (and a little Elena) were only getting her through the day.

When lunch came along, Estella was more than happy to devour the blood bag. She drank it in a minute then threw it out in the ladies room.

"I have to paint, but you can sit with Elena," Caroline said, pointing towards the cafeteria doors.

"Okay, have fun with your stupid human activities," Estella remarked and made her way to the doors. The blonde entered the nosy room with a grimace, quickly walking towards Elena and Bonnie.

"Remind me to never trust Caroline on an idea," Estella muttered to the two. They nodded in sync. Estella looked around at the teenagers in disgust.

"How do you like this place?" Estella questioned. The two shrugged in response, both taking a bite out of their lunches. Estella looked at the school lunch—or rather the school plastic. The food did not look edible and probably was dry; Estella didn't know if she was being higw-maintenced or if the food really was taking a major downgrade. Either way, the vampire had to look away when they set the "food" down.

Estella locked eyes with a girl strutting towards the table. She recognized her as the girl who spoke up in History class. Estella noted the perky attitude and friendly smile, making her want to vomit.

She hated humans.

"Hey, Estella, there you are. This is going to sound freaky, but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight," the girl said. Estella raised an eyebrow and sipped her water.

"No," responded the blonde vampire.

"You could at least meet him. He'll be at the dance tonight. Look for him, his name's Klaus." Estella gulped her water down and breathed sharply.

"What did you just say?" snapped Estella, looking at Elena and Bonnie with wide eyes.

"His name's Klaus," the girl said slowly. "I know the name's stupid, but I swear he's hot."