SIXTEEN; THE RUN AND GO

Start from the beginning

Elena gave pointed looks at Estella's brothers. Damon clicked his tongue and spoke, "Your way, Elena."

"Don't worry, I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him. I know how," Bonnie stated.

"The way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place I can be. Come on," Elena said with a head tilt towards her friend.

_____

"Wait, Alaric's a teacher?" Estella questioned as she and Caroline walked down the halls.

"Yeah. How do you think we're all passing History?" Caroline questioned, shoving past a couple of freshmen. She shot a harsh glare towards them before turning back to Estella.

"I don't know, you all studied?" Estella drawled sarcastically.

"I mean, sure sometimes we do, but sometimes we get caught up in all the stuff going on. Alaric understands and gives lets us turn in late work," Caroline explained to her with a smile.

"Well, I'm never coming here again, so Alaric won't have to make exceptions for me," Estella stated, crinkling her nose as she came face to face with a teenager. She pushed past him and made her way to the room, her hand reaching for the door knob.

"Good luck!" she heard Caroline say over the crowd. Estella rolled her eyes yet again and opened the door, groaning slightly as the sound of teenage bliss floated in her ears.

"God, how did Caroline convince me to do this?" Estella muttered under her breath, grabbing a seat next to Stefan.

In the corner of her eye, Estella saw Elena wave a flyer in her hand. Estella turned her head slightly and read the small print. It stated a 60's decade dance was going on, and Estella immediately shook her head "no." The sixties were the worst decade for Estella—she couldn't look at neon orange the same.

Stefan gave his sister a pleading look, causing Estella to sigh in reluctance and nod towards Elena. The doppelgänger smiled victoriously. Estella scowled and slouched in her seat as Alaric came inside the classroom.

Alaric Saltzman walked inside his classroom, yet it wasn't him. Klaus Mikaelson had taken over the body, pretending to be the alcoholic teacher.

"Hello, class," Alaric greeted. Estella immediately noticed something was off about him. The way he moved was different—it was familiar, but not Alaric Saltzman familiar. "What..." Alaric flipped through a few books, "...are we learning today?"

A girl in the front spoke up. "With the decade dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week."

"Right. The sixties." Alaric's eyes scanned the room, a wave of shock passing through his veins as he saw the familiar blonde. Estella Salvatore met his gaze, yet it wasn't like the usual, warm-hearted gaze Klaus was accustomed too, this one was cold. A barren tundra with snow hitting his face. Clearly Estella had changed; Klaus hadn't expected the blonde to turn completely frozen, though.

Shaking it off, Klaus turned around, writing THE SIXTIES on the chalkboard behind him.

"The sixties..ahem...I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but, actually, they kinda sucked," Klaus remarked. He turned back around, glancing sideways at Estella. He had hoped to make her laugh, yet her face remained stoic.

"Except for the Beatles, of course, they made it bearable. Uh, what else was here?" Klaus questioned himself. "The Cuban missile thing, we walked on the moon. There was Watergate..."

"Watergate was the seventies, Ric," remarked Elena from behind Estella. The blonde rolled her eyes as Klaus looked at her again before the teacher looked at the doppelgänger. "Uh, I-I mean Mr. Saltzman."