chapter five

1st of September, England

"Time to get up Harry!" Anne opened Harry's bedroom door and began to open his curtains.
"Ugh okay." He sounded groggy, mainly because it was only 6:30 and Harry was extremely tired. He got up to the go to the restroom. He washed his face and changed into his uniform. Harry loved breakfast, it was his favourite. For some reason he wasn't hungry at all, so all he ate was a banana, and a glass of milk to go with it. He ran back upstairs to the the bathroom to brush his teeth. Harry made sure he had everything in his school bag. Harry's mum and Niall's mum would normally switch between who would drop the boys off at school. Today, this was the first time Harry would be riding alone.
When he got to school, he was greeted by one of his newer friends.
"Hey Harry." Harry turned over and smiled after saying goodbye to his mother.
"Hey Zayn." They began walking together. Niall and Harry used to hate Zayn. They thought that he was stuck up and rude. Now that Niall was gone, Harry didn't see any harm in hanging with Zayn.
"Where is Niall?" Zayn asked, but he already knew the answer. Harry had no idea what Zayn was trying to do, "uhm I think he moved." Harry tried to ignore the fact that Zayn brought up Niall. Harry knew this day was going to go by quick, he had spent most of his time with Zayn and his friend Louis. Harry had forgotten all about Niall by the end of the day. This year was all about moving on.

---
1st of September, New York City

"Niall time to get up for school!" Niall was actually already awake, he had been staring out the window to see if Liam would come out. They had been talking for a while now, and turns out they do go to the same school. Niall got dressed, then went down to have breakfast.
"Yum, you made pancakes." Niall took his seat and began to chow down.
"Are you ready for your first day of school?" Maura asked," and you get to take the school bus." Niall actually hated the school bus, he thought going on a full bus was too stuffy. Niall ran over to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He felt weird not being in his uniform, but he sort of liked it.
"Bye mum I'm heading off!" Maura ran over to Niall to give him a kiss," bye Niall, have a good day at school."
Niall ran out the door and met with Liam to walk to the bus stop. When they got to the bus stop, there were 3 other people there. One began to greet Liam, which left Niall sort of hanging.
"Niall, this is Jade." The girl glanced over at Niall and gave him a convincing smile, "hi, nice to meet you." She was nice, and Niall slowly began to loosen up. Liam began talking about how Niall had just recently moved here. Finally, the bus had come to a screeching stop. As soon as Niall walked in behind Jade and Liam, the sound was absolutely defining. Liam offered Niall a seat right next to him, and he happily obliged. A few people glanced over at Niall, some people began whispering which worried Niall. He slowly slumped down in his seat, as Liam began asking questions.
-
Niall stuck to Liam like a magnet all day. He was in the same class thankfully, but so were the other 20 kids. Niall was praying that he wouldn't have to introduce himself to the class, but just his luck the teacher called his name.
"Neil, would you come up to introduce yourself please?" Liam gave him a pat on the back as a sign of good luck, "uhm, my name is Niall Horan, and I'm from England." He got a few "ooh's and woah's" from the audience.
"You're accent sounds so cool!" A kid yelled from his seat. Niall smiled awkwardly, unaware of what to do next. He slowly made his way to his seat, and hoped for the best. He was glad because his classmates seemed nice.
-
Niall had successfully made it through a whole day of school in America. Of course, he had Liam to thank for most of it. He officially had no room for Harry. He had almost forgotten about him, and unfortunately the case was the exact same for Harry back in England.

---

I KNOW THIS CHAPTER WAS SUPER SHORT! It was just to introduce their lives without one another.
-Julia