chapter three

19th of July, 4 days after arriving in New York City.
---

"I'm missing one of my boxes." Niall called over to Maura,"have you seen it, it says Niall 3?"

"Yeah, I think I may have put it in my bedroom by accident." Maura was rushing, because she needed to get to work early, "Niall please finish unpacking, I need to get to work, Kelly will be here in a minute."

"Ok, bye" Kelly was basically his nanny. She would take care of him while his mother was at work. Niall liked Kelly, she was sweet. But she was no Harry.

Niall still wasn't used to it here. Everybody is always rushing, the traffic is brutal, and there is no one to bike with him. He also had major jet lag. He still wasn't over Harry, and it was an understatement to say Harry was missing Niall.

---
16th of July, England

Harry woke up eager to check on Niall. Normally Niall and Harry woke up at the same time, 8:30 a.m. They always had a schedule, eat breakfast then go biking to the library. After that, they did whatever they felt like.
"Mum, I'm not that hungry I'm going to Nialls okay?"
"Harry wait th-"
"Love you bye!" Harry ignored his mother as he rushed out the door and crossed the street. Harry went up to Nialls doorstep, and knocked.

"Niall open up its me. We have a race today, remember." Harry was excited for the race, he knew Niall could easily beat him, but he only did it to see Niall smile and dance with joy at the end. There was a moment of silence, Harry was still at the doorstep. Harry decided to ring the bell instead. Harry peeped through the window, but he couldn't see much through the thin curtains. But that was just it, he couldn't see anything at all. No books at the book case, or Niall at the breakfast table. It was empty. Where was Niall? Harry ran back to his house and called out for his mother.
"I can't find Niall, I don't think anyone is home." Harry sighed,"do you think they went out for breakfast?"
Anne sighed, she stepped closer to Harry and held onto his shoulders," Harry I'm sorry-" she couldn't put her self up to finish the sentence. She took a deep breath and watched as Harry began to tilt his head a little," Niall and his mother moved away."
"W-what to a new neighbourhood, why didn't he tell me?" Harry was confused.
"No Harry." She paused, "they moved to America."
"What?" Tears began to form in Harry's eyes," he would of told me if he was moving to a new country!"
"I'm sorr-" Harry stopped him mom and shook out of her grip," YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS AND DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELL ME!" He was now red, and his vision began to blur.
"Harry, you have to understand, Nia-"
"UNDERSTAND? MY BESTFRIEND MOVED ACROSS THE COUNTRY AND YOU DIDNT EVEN BOTHER TO TELL ME THAT HE HAD ALREADY GONE!" Harry was furious with his mother," WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU, WHO ARE YOU, BECAUSE THE MOTHER I KNEW NEVER KEPT A SINGLE THING FROM ME!" Harry ran out the door and got on his bike and began peddling. He had no clue where he was heading off to he just wanted to get out of there.

Harry began to enter unfamiliar territory, he was officially lost, but he didn't stop he kept on going. All he could think about was Niall. How could Niall leave something like that from him. Harry didn't even get the chance to say goodbye, most important he didn't get to tell Niall that he loved him.

Harry stopped his bike. He was unaware that he had made it to the city. He saw a bench in the park and began to rest his eyes.

---

"OI! You can't be sleeping here!" A man in uniform began to knock on the bench.
Harry was fast to wake up, he jolted out of the seat and ran to his bike. He began to peddle to where he thought he came from. He was so distracted yesterday, he didn't even realize he rode his bike for two hours headed into the city.

When he got home, a worried Anne was pacing around the room on the phone, "HARRY! Where have you been, thank goodness your back." She hung up the phone and ran up to Harry. She began to embrace him, but he shook out of her arms and ran upstairs to his room.

Anne was quick to follow him up the stairs and into his bedroom.
"Harry listen I need to talk to you." Harry looked terrible, eyes were all puffy from crying and his face was red. His clothes were all dirty. He was laying on his bed with his face in a pillow.
"Niall didn't want you to find out." Harry began to move around in his bed, " how did he think that was gonna work out."
"He was scared Harry. He didn't want to hurt you." She began to rub Harry's back.
"T-then why would he leave me." Harry began to cry.
"Oh no Harry, he would never leave you like that. He needed to go with his mum."
"He could have stayed with me" Anne was quiet "where he belongs" Harry mumbled very quietly.
"I promise you, you will see Niall again okay." Anne knew that was probably not true, but she couldn't bare to see her baby sad.
Anne laid down next to Harry, they both fell asleep.

---
19th of July, New York City

Niall has been talking to Kelly about Harry for hours. Kelly had lived in Paris until she was 6, then she moved to New York City with her parents. She could some how relate to Niall, but she never had feelings for someone the way Niall did. The way he talked about Harry made Kelly sort of sad. She has never felt anything for someone that way, and Niall this 10 year old boy was talking about how he knows he will never find someone as special as Harry.
It was already 10:00 p.m, Niall was suppose to be asleep because he wasn't suppose to stay up past 10:30. He was wide awake because of time zones. He heard his mum come in and talk to Kelly about Niall. Kelly told Maura that he was asleep, and they continued to talk about stuff Niall didn't feel like he needed to intrude in. The walls were thin in their small apartment, so Niall could hear everything. Maura peeked into Niall's room to make sure he was asleep and said goodnight. Niall finally fell asleep after about an hour of tossing and turning.
"Goodnight Harry."

---

Sorry if this chapter wasn't that great. They will be getting longer depending if I feel like certain parts should be in a certain chapter. I love the little 10yr old relationship between Harry and Niall. It won't go one forever, but this is just telling you what was happening when Niall left.
THANK YOU! :)
-Julia