chapter two

15th July, 2 months later

"Niall do you have everything ready." Asked Maura from downstairs.

"Erm, yeah!" He yelled loud enough from upstairs for her to hear him. Soon enough, there were footsteps coming down the stairs.

"You promise you won't tell Harry." Niall wanted Harry to feel absolutely nothing. He wanted Harry to forget.

"Are you sure you don't want him to know, it can really hurt him, and even yourself." Maura didn't like the way Niall wanted to leave things, but Niall wanted no other option.

"Please just don't, and if you tell his mum please make sure she doesn't tell him!" Niall was dead serious, he wanted Harry to have no clue.

Niall made sure there was no 'for sale' sign outside, because Maura already had a client who had seen the house and was willing to buy it.

Not much later, there was a knock on the door.
"Harry" Niall whispered. He ran to the door and walked out quickly. It was a little after 2:00 p.m

"Whoa you almost knocked me out the way." Harry laughed.

"Yeah sorry, ready to go for a ride." They grabbed their bikes and headed out. Niall quickly calmed himself down so Harry wouldn't get suspicious.

Harry began talking about some random things but Niall wasn't paying any attention. He heard some bits of what Harry was saying but he didn't bother to say anything back.

They stopped at the library, a personal favorite. They always sit at the same table that was in the corner of the library. Harry took some things out of his bag like his journal, a few books and a bunch of random other items.
"I'm gotta use the restroom, be back in a bit." Niall told Harry and got up from his seat. When Harry wasn't looking Niall grabbed his journal and a pen.

Niall didn't head to the restroom instead he went to a small room that no one knew about except for well, himself and Harry.

---

Dear Harry,
Here I go. I didn't want to tell you that I have to leave and soon. I didn't want you to feel like I was abandoning you, but I have to leave. My mom got an offer in America! I know it sounds crazy, but I have to go with her. You are my best friend, and you know that (incase you didn't that's why I mentioned it) . Thank you for everything, I've known you my whole life. Please don't think that I left you. It has been a crazy ride, so many memories. Well I will make this short because I don't want you to miss me. I want this to be easy for you, and myself of course. Just try to forget me if you can, because or else it will hurt. I'm sorry I left without telling you. Don't get mad at anyone! Ok ok I'm done thanks! And p.s I might even come and see you in ten years ;) -goodbye, Niall
Niall had scribbled something he wrote at the bottom, love you.

---

Niall felt his eyes begin to water. He quickly wiped the tears away and walked back to Harry. He sat down sneaking the journal into Harry's bag.
"What do you want to do now?" Harry asked smiling at Niall.

"Let's go to the cafe to have something to eat, I'm starving." Niall really was hungry, but he lost his appetite as soon as they walked into the cafe. They both ordered sandwiches. Niall kept staring at Harry, it was that feeling creeping up on him again.
Ignore it, he thought to himself.
"You haven't even taken a bite, you alright." Harry was genuinely concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine" I took a bite of my sandwich then just left it there. We stayed in there for a while just talking, it was almost 5:00 pm.

"You done?" Niall asked Harry.
"Yeah, we can go."

They got on out bikes and began peddling. Niall was heading towards his home but going slowly.

"OH I HAVE A BRILLIANT IDEA!" Harry's face lit up," we should have a race tomorrow!" Harry was staring at Niall to see how he would react. Niall was speechless, then he heard the word tomorrow. Tears began to fall down his cheeks,

"I don't feel so good I'm headed home." Harry felt bad.
They peddled quicker, until they finally got to their homes.
"Niall do you want me to help you in-"

"No!" Niall didn't want him to see that the house was empty," I can make it, thanks though."

"Uhm, alright I'll see you tomorrow, hope you feel better." Harry smiled then waited to make sure Niall got in alright. Harry then walked inside his house.

Niall ran upstairs and quickly fixed himself up so his mother wouldn't see him like this.
"Niall thank goodness you're here, the car will be here in 15 minutes." She yelled from her room. "All the boxes and bags got sent already so just make sure you take whatever you left."

Niall already put some extra stuff in his bag, that was all he needed to take. He looked on his desk and realized he forgot one thing. It was a photo of Harry and him when they first learned to ride their bikes. Niall put it in a pocket of his bag and went downstairs. Sorry Harry, there is no tomorrow.
Niall and Maura were pacing around the house to make sure they didn't forget anything. Everything was well. They heard a car pull up to the front of the house so they grabbed their things and headed out the door.
Finally they were off to the airport.

"So what did you and Harry do today?" Maura asked.

"We just went riding out bikes and that's pretty much sums it up." Niall was sad, he slowly began to regret not telling Harry. Just talking about Harry made him want to burst into tears.

"Did you, you know.." Maura looked over at her son who was staring out the window.

"No, I uh didn't tell him." They just sat quietly for a long time, until they were about 10 minutes away from the airport.

"Oh god! What have I done!" Niall began to cry, he wanted to scream at the top of his lungs.

"Oh Niall, I'm so sorry." Maura began to comfort Niall.

"No I should have told him, why was I so stupid to not tell him!" Niall began to cry even more, " what was I thinking, I'm so stupid!"

Just then, the car came to a stop.
Niall quickly wiped his tears away, and him and Maura walked out the car.
"Thank you." Maura said to the driver and she went out the car. Niall and Maura walked into the airport and began looking for the gate.

Niall was heartbroken, he was leaving to go across the world and he didn't even tell his best friend. You know what, Niall thought. He is more than just my best friend, I love him. Yes, that feeling Niall kept getting around Harry, it was love. The mushy stuff that everyone at school is grossed out by, love. "I should have told Harry that I loved him."

---

That was part two! Keep in mind of the dates, because this is 11 years ago. Thanks for reading , hope you like it :)

-Julia