Chapter 9: Teaser For Later

Chapter 9

Marcel POV:

I never thought this would ever happen. Me and Danny being together - I guess - just is really a dream come true. I've always had a secret crush on her and when she stood up for me, it made everything seem like a possibility.

She lies on my lap, slowly falling asleep while we watch a movie. She's beautiful, that much I've known for years. The only thing I didn't know, was that she was like me before eighth grade. I've only known her thru high school, so I never knew that Danny. I wish I did though, because than maybe we would've actually talked.

"Marcel?" I heard her mumble.

"Y-yeah"?

"Will you go on a date with me?" She asked, turning upward to face me.

I was shocked to hear her say that, but I smiled on the outside. "I-I would love to."

"Good," she smiled, her tired eyes barely open. She turned back around and soon fell asleep. I ran my fingers through her hair, it being something all new to me.

"Marcel, your mother just called! She wants you to come home for dinner," I heard Ms. Coxx yell from another room.

"O-okay," I said back. "Danny, I need to, uh leave." I tried to wake her up, gently shoving her. Finally, she got up and sat up straight.

"What'd you say?" she asked, yawning.

"I need to get home. Could you, um, take me?" I stuttered.

"Sure," she smiled.

The two of us stood up, Danny taking my hand to lead me out. We walked out to her car and both got in, us buckling up and driving off.

***

"Thanks," I said once we reached my house.

"Of course," Danny smiled.

"C-could you come to the d-door?" I questioned, stuttering from being nervous.

"Sure."

The two of us then climbed out, walking up to my front door. I reached in my pocket and pulled out my key. I put it in the hole, but I felt a hand on top of mine.

"Marcel," she whispered.

"Y-yeah?" I asked, looking at her.

"Yes," she said.

"What"? I was totally confused.

"Yes, you can kiss me," she smiled, huffing out a laugh.

Realization ran over my face, I leaning into her. My left hand reached up to her neck and both our eyes closed. Just as our lips were slightly touching, the door swung open to reveal my mum.

"Oh, I'm, uh, sorry," she said.

"No, it's okay," I said, leaning up to scratch my neck.

"I should...go," Danny chimed in.

"Y-yeah you probably should," I told her.

I watched her walk off, my mom telling me come in. I raised my hand up, signaling I would in second. She nodded and left me. Just as I was going to sit on the swing, discouraged as ever, I heard footsteps.

I looked over and saw Danny running up the stairs. She came up to me, grabbed my face, and pecked me on the cheek.

"Teaser for later," she winked, running off again.

I smiled, touching my cheek where she had kissed me.

What did I ever do to get her? Especially since I'm "the nerd"...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: sry this chapter is short, but I just kinda threw it together lol(: hope u still like it!

Comment and vote pweaze(:

Love ya guys! xx