"Okay Rae." He says mockingly with a chuckle as he walks away. Suddenly, as he is out of my sight, I remember what I was meaning to ask him.

"Hey Luke!" I call out.

"Yeah?" He asks, reappearing back in the doorway.

"How did I get back in my bed last night?" I ask. " I thought I had fallen asleep."

"Yeah you did fall asleep. I carried you." He replied carelessly with a shrug.

"Oh." I said with no emotion.

He then walked away from my door and back downstairs to make breakfast. He carried me? Like a princess? To my own freaking bedroom? Okay, I need to stop, but in all seriousness, kind of flipping out.

I fell back into my bed once again, but this time, with a huge smile on my face. Maybe getting along with Luke won't be so hard after all.

///

I lied. Getting along with Luke did not get any easier. I got so much harder.

I was sitting on the kitchen floor of Luke's house covered in raw egg and I was in no way happy about it. He was sitting next to me in the same fashion and we were giving each other the silent treatment because we both are very mature like that. Why you ask? Stay tuned.

Once I smelled breakfast cooking, I immediately hopped out of bed and ran down the stairs ready to eat. Once I reached the kitchen, I was more than disappointed to find that breakfast wasn't even near done yet. I let out a loud, dramatic sigh.

"You know you could help if you wanted to?" Luke said as he heard my fake cry of agony, his back turned toward me working at the stove on scrambled eggs.

"Hmmmmmm...." I contemplated. "How about no?"

"You're the one staying in my house so how about yes?" He shoots back.

"You're the one who offered to make it." I sassily reply.
He doesn't reply for a couple of seconds, obviously feeling defeated. "Well you're the one covered in eggs."

"Wha-" I say before Luke whips around and swiftly throws an egg at my stomach. Hard.

"Ow!" I cry out in pain and clutch my yolk covered stomach. He sees the extremely painful look on my face and doesn't bother to hide the fact that he is concerned. He rushes over to me and checks to see if I'm okay.

"I'm sorry I didn't think I threw it that hard!" He says half concerned, half holding back laughter.

"Actually I'm sorry." I say and grab an egg from the carton on the island counter next me and smash it on top of his head.

I can't contain my laughter as yolk drips down his face and and he stands there getting pissed by the second. I quickly run from him and around to the other side of the island to keep safe distance from what I know will be flying eggs. He grabs the whole carton of eggs and starts catapulting them at me at a fast pace, making his way around the island towards me. I, on the other hand, am moving in the opposite direction and dodging his eggs at the same time. I finally manage to get the other carton of eggs and it is officially a battle to the death. So far I've hit Luke six times and he's gotten me seven. I will NOT lose.

It is complete chaos in the kitchen, eggs flying everywhere, battle cries being shouted for literally the whole neighborhood to hear, and this is the moment when I finally run out of eggs. I drop to my knees in defeat and chuck the carton in frustration. I take it way too seriously and cry, "I SURRENDER!"

Luke walks over to me, takes his last egg and smashes it on my head. I fold my arms in annoyance and look away from him. He sits down next to me, a huge, victorious smile on his face as he says, "You may now clean the kitchen." I whip my head towards him in disbelief.

"Yeah right Luke, this is your house and you're the one who started it so no way in hell."

"And you're the one who lost so have fun!"

"No." I replied and and turned my back to him.

"Fine!" He replied and tuned his back to mine.

So here we are being very immature teenagers covered in egg sitting on a kitchen floor. Just when I thought I might have feelings for him. Psh, yeah right.

After a good five minutes of complete silence between us, Luke was the one to surrender. "Okay fine, I guess I'm sorry for starting the egg war. Can we just stop being so silent, it's creepy." He says as he turns himself to face my back. I don't budge.

"Rae, please stop. The silent treatment is over." He says annoyed. I still sit exactly where I am, pissed that he's making me clean this all up. "RAE." He says sternly this time, obviously very irritated with me, yet I still don't move. Suddenly he grabs me, spins me around to face him and pulls me very close.

"I said I'm sorry, okay?!" He says loudly to me looking me straight in the eyes.

Oh no, that feeling, it's coming back. I'm finding him attractive again, DAMMIT. Why can't he just put a shirt on every once in awhile or I don't know, have sucky genes?

He continues to look straight into my eyes and I can't look away. His hands are still on me and I can feel him leaning forward as they wrap around my middle. I don't resist as he moves his eyes towards my lips and comes closer every second. I move my hands up to his shoulders and neck as I anticipate the kiss, my eyelids closing, our lips almost touching. And just as every other movie you've seen or book you've read, right as we are about to kiss, the doorbell rings.

I jerk back suddenly, coming back to reality. I awkwardly move away from him and get back on my feet.

"I'll get the door..." I say slowly and he just nods, still sitting on the floor.

Completely forgetting the fact that I am covered in raw egg, I walk to the front door and swing it open to find my mother. She smiles at me until she realizes that I'm covered in eggs.

"Should I even ask?" She questions.

"Probably not." I say with a small smile as I let her in.