Chapter Six

^^^^^^ THATS NINA❤️

I suddenly awoke to quite possibly the most obnoxious sound I have ever heard, in the most comfortable bed I have ever felt, and without a doubt in the most exquisite house I have ever seen. I woke up in Luke's house. Oh joy!

My eyes cracked open slightly, the sun instantly deciding to blind me, and I let out a loud groan. I slowly sat up, still not fully awake and frantically looked around for where the sound was coming from. I became ten times more annoyed when I found that it was my phone going off on full volume, and my mother was calling me.

Its 9 am and she knows I am not a morning person so please, tell me why?!

I angrily clutched my phone and tapped the answer button even though I was not in the mood to make any human interaction.

"Hello?!" I answered, making it obvious to my mom that I should not be awake at this hour.

"Why hello lovely daughter, you're sounding as happy as ever!" She replied sarcastically.

"You're sarcasm does not amuse me." I said in a flat tone."You know I should never be woken up before 10 am so why mother, why would you do this??"

"I was just checking up on you geez!" She says in defense.

"Well everything is great, peachy, wonderful, everything a summer should be so please let me rest!" I cry out in agony.

She chuckles before she answers with,"So you're not having the best time of your life are you?"

"Mom, he is so unbelievable." I state.

But right as I say it, I suddenly remember last night. Everything floods back into my memory. Our almost kiss midway down a dirt hill, our weird staring contest right before I fell asleep in that enormously uncomfortable chair, and now I feel as if I have told the biggest lie. He may be unbelievable but I also may have an unbelievable attraction toward him.

"You've just got to deal with it honey!" My mom says bringing me back from my thoughts. "Your summer isn't going to be any better if you keep having a negative attitude about it! I know that you and Luke have had your fair share of hatred in the past but-"

I cut her off and said "Mom I know, you're right, I'm going to try and get along with him, okay?"

"O-okay..." She replies, obviously dumbfounded I wasn't going on a rant about Luke. "Well stay safe and I will come over soon so we can catch up."

"Alright sounds good. I will talk to you later mom, I love you, bye."

"I love you too." And with that I hung up.

I fell back down into my bed, exhausted just from having that conversation. Suddenly there is a knock at my bedroom door. I grab a pillow and shove it in my face groaning.

"Come in!" I say loudly enough for them to hear. I sit up and watch as a shirtless Luke opens up the door.

I suddenly did not have control over my body as my mouth hung open at the sight.

"Uh hey Rae..." He says a bit awkwardly, probably still thinking of what had begun between us last night. I know I was. "Want some breakfast?"

"Breakfast?" I said without thinking.

"Yeah that meal that you eat in the morning." He says with a smirk as he notices the affect he has on me.

"Uh breakfast, yeah breakfast sounds great. What a wonderful idea how come I didn't think of that?" I said in the dumbest way possible, my mind distracted by his abs.