Chapter Three

I waved goodbye to the jeep rolling down the street in sorrow, not wanting to turn around. If I turned around I would be faced with my least favorite person in the whole world, and I really wasn't in the mood to socialize with him right now. 

I dropped my hand and continued to stare at the street even as Sandy and Grady's car disappeared out of sight. Well here goes the moment I've been dreading the most.

I turned around to find Luke staring straight at me, not faltering his gaze. His smirk still continued to play on his lips and I just wanted to smack it off his face.

"Alright, listen to me." I spoke up."I don't want to be here anymore than you want me to be here, so stay out of my way and you're off the hook for the next three weeks." I said, every word bold and clear, so that he understood how much I dreaded having to take care of him. 

I began to walk back inside until I heard Luke reply, "Nah, I think I like picking on you better." 

And with that he stuck out his foot right as I was taking a step and tripped me. I stumbled immediately after and fell hard on the porch. Pain shot up my arms and I winced in pain for a several seconds until anger boiled up inside me. 

I quickly hopped back on my feet, taking Luke by surprise, ran into the house as fast as I could, slammed the door and locked it. I smiled to myself. We do this to each other all the time.

All I heard for the next ten minutes is continuous banging on the front door and curse words directed toward me. All I could do was laugh my ass off. He was beyond furious, it was just too funny to see him mad and I totally lost it. After I felt like it had been long enough, I prepared myself to unlock the door. 

I crept quietly towards the door once the obnoxious banging had subsided and placed my hand on the lock. I turned it as quietly as I could, and once it unlocked, I ran up the stairs as fast as my legs could possibly carry me. I raced down the hall that lead me to the bedroom I was staying in, rushed in and locked the door behind me. I held me ear up against the door to hear Luke's heavy footsteps running towards my room. I snickered as I slowly backed away from the door.

"Hey!" I heard Luke yell furiously."You think this is funny?!" 

"Pretty much." I replied while breaking into little fits of laughter.

"Just you wait," He said angrily."I'll get you back." He backed away from the door and walked towards his room. Once I heard his door slam, I relaxed my muscles and fell on my bed laughing. He can be really stupid sometimes. What did he think was gonna happen after he tripped me, stand there like an idiot?

Still snickering a bit, I walked over to my suitcases and rolled them into my new closet. I opened up the double doors to find a huge walk in closet with a full length mirror, the worlds biggest shoe rack, and jewelry hangers."Woah..." I said out loud."Sandy really went all out on this room." 

I brought the suitcases into the closet and started unpacking everything in it. I played music so I wouldn't be bored to death and danced around the room when my favorite songs came on. When it seemed I was just about settled, I headed out of my room and downstairs to find something to eat.

I walked into the kitchen and found Luke sitting at the counter eating cereal while on his phone. I ignored him and headed straight for the pantry.

"You know it's rude to raid other people's pantries, right?" Luke asked with his famous smirk glued on his face.

"I'm the guest, I can do whatever I want." I replied not making eye contact with him.

"Oh so locking someone out of their own house is okay?" He asked again. 

I grabbed a bag of goldfish and turned around to face Luke finally. 

"When they're an asshole, yes." I replied. He got out of his seat and made his way towards me.

"Yeah I don't think so..." He said, advancing closer than I would have liked him to."Remember when I told you I was gonna get you back?" He asked, a mischievous look forming on his face. Shit. I forgot.

"Psh," I said trying to play it off like I wasn't worried at all."What are you gonna do? Tickle me?" He walked even closer to me and I backed up trying to keep the distance between us even, that is until my back hit the counter. He chuckled.

"Not quite." By this point our chests were pressed up against each other, his hands on either side of the counter and I was trapped. He brought his head down to my ear and whispered,"You're not afraid of getting wet, are you?" 

Well... that's suggestive.

Before I had time to think any further, he grabbed a glass on the counter behind me and dumped water all over my head.

I hung open my mouth in brief shock while the water dripped down my hair and all over my once dry clothes . 

"What the hell?" I shouted in anger. Luke chuckled a bit but quickly regained his smirk.

"Oh I'm not finished yet." He swiftly picked me up out of nowhere and threw me over his shoulder.

He started running somewhere in the house while I banged my fists on his back. I may be quicker and a bit smarter than Luke, but I was not stronger.

"Luke, put me down you asshole!" He started laughing as he made his way into the bathroom. This could not end well.

He suddenly threw open the shower door and dropped me in. He turned on the water as quick as he could and shut the door, closing me in the shower. I tried pushing the door back open but he was using all his body weight to keep me in. I screamed in frustration as I gave up pushing open the door and sat on the cold tile floor of the shower. My once cozy and dry clothes were now soaked and my makeup was probably already running.

"You're a real dick, you know that Luke?" I asked irritatedly.

"I know." He replied while snickering. I heaved a big sigh and put my head against the tile wall of he shower.

"Can you let me out at least? I'm already wet." 

"Eh... I'm good. But, I do hope you know that you're the one that can control if the water is on or off, right?" He said laughing again. My face started to feel hot. I should have thought of that right when he shoved me in here. I quickly got up and turned the knob till the water was off.

"Nice going smart one." Luke said, his smirk practically carried through his voice.

"Shu tup and let me out of here." 

He sighed and said,"I guess since it's no fun anymore."

He opened up the shower door and I immediately pushed past him without making eye contact and headed upstairs toward my room. I could hear him dying of laughter as I walked away, leaving a trail of water behind me. I was shivering and miserable but all I could think about was how much I hated Luke right now. Sometimes I wish I could just rip out his fucking guts.

I walked into my room, slammed the door behind me and started to strip away the wet clothes clinging to my body. Today was not my best day.