Chapter One

{^^SWIPE LEFT AT THE TOP TO SEE RAE❤️}

My day could not have started off any worse. My headache was raging and I knew that for sure I would have a migraine tomorrow. My stress levels were at their highest point and I was so frustrated all I could do was ball my fists in hopes of relieving my anger. And what had caused all this you ask? Not what, but who. Luke Grayson. My nemesis since as long as I could remember. And lucky for me I was going to get to spend a lot of "quality" time with him very soon. Here's how it went down:

"Rae!" My mom practically screamed from the kitchen downstairs. She literally thinks everyone is deaf, like I CAN HEAR YOU! "I'm coming!" I replied, already becoming irritated. 

I slid off my bed and dragged my feet out of my bedroom. On my way down the stairs, I quickly glanced at each picture hanging on the wall that was gathering a thick layer of dust and began to smile at the fond memories, despite my tired state. My favorite one, however, was at the very bottom of the staircase and I felt a small smile form on my face as it came into view. It was a family photo we had taken several years ago on a beach trip and I don't think any of us had ever been happier. You could see my parents gently wrapped arms around each other and looking in each other's eyes in a way that instantly told you they were in love. And then you could see me and my brother, Logan, behing them, playing in the water and giggling like we had just received the best news of our lives. I miss those days.

With a sigh, I hopped off the last step and made my way into the kitchen."What's up?" I asked my mom, sliding into a tall, black stool sitting in front of our high countertops. I could smell the spaghetti sauce cooking on the stove as I inhaled deeply. My favorite. She took a moment to stop what she was doing and turned to face me, her loose blonde curls up in a messy bun and a black apron tied around her waist. My mother was very beautiful with tan skin and deep blue eyes, not like those features are superior to any other, but they suited her very well.

 Her vibrant eyes searched for mine with an apologetic look on her face as she said, "The Grayson's are going on a summer vacation to Bora Bora right when school ends..." Okay... What does that have to do with me?

Just to fill you in, the Grayson's have been a close family friend to us for as long as I can remember. They are like my second family and I love spending time with them. Well, most of them that is. You know, besides Luke. 

Luke is my arch nemesis and always will be. We have tormented each other since we were little and still show no signs of giving up. I remember it first started when I met the Grayson's. 

They had just moved into town and we had invited them over for dinner. When they arrived, Luke and I met eyes for the first time and I already knew I hated him. That smug little smile on his face, that still hasn't faded after the 10 years I've known him, and those chocolate, devilish eyes that stared straight into my soul. When we all sat down at the table for our meal, Luke sat directly across from me and continuously kicked my shins."Ouch..." I would whimper but of course nobody heard me but Luke. And from that day forward I was always getting tormented by him. But I wasn't the victim here. Revenge is something I do best. I was always getting back at Luke for something he did to me whether it was kicking me, hitting me, stealing my stuff, or being rude to me. He was like an annoying older brother but worse. But then again, I wouldn't want to think of him in any other way.

Snapping from my thoughts, I replied to my mother questioningly."What does the Grayson's trip have to do with me?" My mom gave me another apologetic look before replying to me uneasily. "Grady and Sandy aren't taking Luke with them..." Honestly, I still don't have the slightest clue why my mom is telling me this.

"And?" I asked. "And," she continued, speaking uneasily."Sandy asks that you take care of Luke while they are away..." My stomach dropped and my face turned from confusion to disbelief. Not from sadness or nervousness but disappointment. I get to kick off my summer with the person I hated the most? Hell. To. The. No.

"There is no way anyone is going to make me do that. I would rather walk on burning coals than babysit the biggest douche of all time. Hell no." I said, steam coming out my ears. I crossed my arms waiting for a reply from my mother. She quickly changed her expression from concerned to amused.

"Oh sweetie, you don't really have a choice. They're expecting you to be there the day after the last day of school, packed with enough clothes for three weeks. $50 a day." And with that, she turned back around, busying herself with her cooking. I just stood there shocked. So I don't even get a choice? Does anybody even realize that maybe I had plans? Great. Just great.

I threw my hands in the air and screamed in frustration. This is when the headache kicked in. I stormed back up the stairs and trudged to my room, more mad than I have ever been before. How could someone be so inconsiderate? This is my summer and Luke AND my mother just get to ruin it? I was far beyond mad with both of them. I slammed my door shut as loud as I could and flung myself on my bed in a heap of anger.

So here I am, hopelessly frustrated with no way out. And it is now that I am absolutely sure, I hate Luke Grayson.