Chapter 9

Expecting too much will hurt you.

-xxx-

This is it. 6:50PM.

I walked towards the park's bench, hands inside my pocket. My eyes were wandering around to check whether there's any sign of her. She said that she'll be wearing a yellow, black, red tartan plaid and ripped-black skinny jeans. She said that she'll immediately smile at me and hug me, but all of the people that were passing by weren't wearing any plaid shirt, none of them even smiled at me nor greeted me hi.

A few minutes has passed, and still no sign of her. I checked my wrist watch and it was already 7:10PM.

Traffic, that's probably it. Maybe she's just stuck in traffic.

I leaned my back against the wooden bench and closed my eyes as I feel the warm summer breeze tickle my skin.

Breathe in, breathe out. I was starting to feel nervous and I don't know why, it's like something bad's going to happen. No, maybe I'm just nervous of meeting this internet friend of mine that I've known for almost half a year for the first time. She's one of the people who keeps me sane.

She's one of the people who I can tell all of the feelings that I have bottled up inside for quite a long time. She knows everything that I couldn't say to the person that I love. She knows most of my secrets, secrets that my tongue couldn't speak.

A few minutes passed by and my patience has already run dry. I grabbed my phone from pocket and used the mobile data connect to the internet.

19: 35

RedLipClassic : Hey.

....

No response.

...

19: 45

...

RedLipClassic : Elizabeth, where are you?

...

19: 50

...

Still no response.

...

20: 00

RedLipClassic : Elizabeth?

...

My brows knitted together as my eyes wander across the park. No one was there and she isn't responding. Did she just ditched me? What the fucking hell!?

I checked my wrist watch and it was already 8: 30PM. She made me wait for an hour and a fucking half. I don't know if I'd be concerned for something might've happened to her or I'd be so angry because she probably had just ditched me.

I stood up from the bench, with tears welling up in my eyes. I don't know how to describe what I am feeling. I'm angry, I'm anxious, I'm embarrassed, I'm disappointed. Frustrated even.

I just couldn't believe that she has made me look like a fool who's waiting for her for so long. No one dared to make me wait for that long, ever. Though I wanted to be so mad at her right now, I couldn't. Because at the back of my mind, I couldn't help but to feel a little concern. What if something happened to her while she's on her way here? I kept on thinking of the worst thing that could possibly ever happen to someone that's why she couldn't reply.

----

21: 02

Worried, once I got home I quickly went upstairs to my room and turned my laptop on to enter wattpad. And right off the bat, I saw the red dot beside my username. 3 messages in my inbox. 3 messages from Elizabeth.