Promise of a New Beginning

Start from the beginning

She immediately caught sight of Sara with her blonde hair falling down her shoulders standing at the balcony of her room. She was waiting for her. She grabbed her gear and slowly made her way. She didn't want to seem too eager. She climbed up the stairs, walked down the corridors and stopped by the door of Sara's room. Sara had turned facing the door as she waited for her to reach the room. Their eyes met and Sara finally let out a smile.

"You're back." Sara stayed where she was standing by the railings of the balcony. Nate had already left the room before Nyssa got there.

"I promised I would." Nyssa took a few steps closer.

"You did." Sara looked down at her feet, ashamed that she doubted Nyssa, then she looked back up at her.

Nyssa continued walking until she reached Sara's side.

"Thank you."

"For what? Keeping my promise?" Nyssa paused and just looked into Sara's eyes. She was glad that the clouds of fear in her eyes had receded. "It was easy to keep. It's you I was coming back to."

Nyssa reached out her hand to Sara's cheek and Sara leaned into the touch.

"I worried you."

"I wasn't worried, Nyssa. I was scared."

"I'm sorry. How can I make it up to you?"

"You already did. You're here. That's all that matters."

Nyssa placed a soft kiss on Sara's forehead before leaning her own against it. She is happy again. She's still worried, but happy. She has Sara with her once more. It's been a while since she felt that joy inside her. The joy that only Sara could bring in her life.

"I'm happy then." Nyssa smiled. Her forehead still against hers. Their eyes looking deep into the other's.

Sara missed that. The genuine look of happiness and contentment that Nyssa rarely showed. She was the only one she lets to see through her walls like that. And she was in awe to have witnessed it once more after a long time. For quite some time, even before she had left with Oliver, all she was able to see from Nyssa's eyes were hurt, sadness, and longing, if she wasn't too guarded and she let her emotions slip. She too was happy to see that look back on Nyssa. Without thinking, she closed the gap between her lips and Nyssa's. The kiss was quick but tender. It was like a promise of a new beginning for both of them.

"I'm happy that you're happy, Nyssa."

And with that, Nyssa started to believe what Sara has said before, that she could love her the way she once did. She kissed her as quick and tender in response and acceptance of the promise Sara's kiss entailed for them. And they stood there unmoving for a while, savouring the beautiful moment they were having.

"Would you like to go out? You must be bored out of your mind inside this old place."

Sara shook her head no. "I just want to stay here...with you."

"Okay."

They stayed in that moment a little while longer. Then a knock came by the door which was open.

"I thought you two might need something to eat. You must be hungry." Nate carried a tray of food for two into the room and placed it on the table across the bed. "I also thought you might want to stay close to each other after that horrendously worrisome wait to see each other, so I thought I'd bring the food up, just didn't think I'd find you that close."

Nyssa stepped back a little and placed a small distance between her and Sara. Both were now looking at Nate.

"You're just jealous." Sara teased.