"Oh no, its only 50." I reminded her.

"The ten is just for you. Spend it on yourself, buy something fun." She gave me a grin and I clutched the money in my hand. "Or maybe take a boy out, eh?" she winked at me and I rolled my eyes. She always tries to set me up with her friends' nephews or grandsons.

"I'm not that lonely, Bana!" I scolded teasingly. She gave a shrill laugh as I helped her to her car with the piece in hand. I walked back inside chuckling, oh how I love those high-belters. I went back to piling some paintings on top of each other and putting them on the counter. I taped the corresponding note to the frame or back of each. The door chimed a few times as I sat on my stool by the counter, reading a book called 'Zombies vs. Unicorns' . I waved to people as they came in or when I didn't notice I waved as they left or checked out. I handed the notes with their painting over to the people who wanted them. Only a few were left. Eamon walked out carrying a table with chairs with it. He had just the table in his hands but the chairs were behind him in the doorway. He set the table down lightly in a corner. I rushed over and helped with the chairs. He thanked me and set the dark wood chairs around the table. He arranged them nicely and I smiled at the ensemble.

"Whoa, Eamon, this is amazing." I breathed, running my hand over the glossy almost black wood. It had a red tint to it and smelled fresh. "Where did you find the set? I don't recognize it." I asked. He shrugged.

"I found it in the back of the room, all broken, so I put it back together and painted it. It's brilliant, isn't it?" he said proudly. I glanced at his face, turned toward the set and looking at it lovingly. I nodded at him. My mouth was open and my eyes wide. This is beautiful, and practically hand made. It'll sell for a lot.

"Whatever it sells for, your getting. This is... just wow." I told him with finality. He sighed and nodded, knowing I wouldn't back down. He came over and sat on the stool and I sat on the counter. I checked the clock, 3. My stomach rumbled loudly. "Hey, I'll go get us some lunch, what do you want?"

"A burger, please. With chips." He said politely and I nodded. "I'll watch the store while your gone." He assured me. I left quickly, my stomach begging for food. I ordered impatiently as a family of 8 took forever in the line. I tapped my foot to tell them how mad I was getting. They huffed as they finished. I quickly told the greasy guy what I wanted and left in a hurry. I stuffed a few fries in my mouth as I got out of my car. I stepped inside, pulling my feet up extra high as I crossed the threshold. I was staring intensely at my feet to make sure I didn't trip with the food in my hands. The precious food. I made it over and threw my hands up in a proud gesture. I looked up when I heard deep chuckling. A guy my age or older was leaning against the counter, talking to an uncomfortable Eamon. He looked awkward and looked happy to see me. The guy had blonde hair and brown eyes with sharp features. He was 'hot' under Lila's measures. I walked closer with a skeptical look on my face.

"Who're you?' I asked, glancing at Eamon who shrugged. The guy chuckled again. Okay seriously, stop chuckling. Its annoying now.

"I'm David." He grinned at me, checking me out. I sighed inwardly. "And you would be an angel?" he asked with a confident- no, arrogant- smile on his face. I could tell he was a player and had used this before. I giggled fakely.

"Omigosh!" I squealed fakely with an also fake smile, then dropped it and had a straight face. "What do you want?" I demanded, getting impatient. This guy is keeping me from my food. David's face fell slightly.

"Well I would like to take you out now." He asked, his face coming back. I rolled my eyes.

"No." I replied simply, trying to walk past him, but not letting me. He gripped my wrist roughly, pulling me back. I gave a whimper of pain that shot through my arm.

"Why not?" he demanded, his anger flaring. I gulped, a bit scared. I felt an arm go around my waist.

"She's with me, back off." I heard Eamon say. I was surprised that he sounded threatening.

"What if I don't?" David asked, stepping into his face. He didn't even back up or flinch.

"Then I won't hesitate." Eamon growled. David's eyes went wide at the sound and backed up slightly, his hands slowly going p.

"Fine man, sorry." David said with a voice crack and fled. Eamon let go of me and held my shoulders.

"Are you okay?" he asked calmly. His voice back to it's soft tone. I nodded, releasing a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Thank you, Eamon." I said softly, hugging him quickly. He smelled like sawdust and musk. I let him go and handed him his food. He took it gratefully and we went to sit at the counter. We ate for a few minutes in a comfortable quietness. "Eamon, why did you stand up for me?" I asked after thinking for a minute. He looked up shocked for a second.

"I don't like when men hurt women. It's wrong. A man shouldn't place a hurtful hand on a woman. Men can hurt other men all they want." He answered, his voice sounding serious and intense. His eyes flamed. I patted his shoulder, but knew not to ask. His eyes cleared from the anger and resumed their crystal sapphire color. I smiled at him as I ate. He just sat and ate quietly, not looking at me. I wonder what made him have a harsh perspective on life. No one is born sad or angry. What happened to make this boy quiet, sad, and unsmiling? But most importantly, what can I do to help?

We both left soon after eating, waving animatedly to him as I drove away. I arrived at my home in a good mood but concerned for Eamon. I guess another part of the mission is to find out why he's so sullen. I put a frozen pizza in the oven and watched TV until it was done. I then got bored from that and searched through the hall closet for anything. But then the oven dinged loudly and I sprinted to get it out. I slipped on dinosaur oven mitts and took the pizza out, setting it on the table. I cut it up and ate at least three slices.

I continued to search through every closet in the house, and then came to mine. I dug through the clothes, bags, shoes, and other items, trying to find something to do. To no avail of course.

I don't know how I've survived being an only child. It used to be fine when my parents were here, but now we can't play games together every Friday or watch movies or talk about our days... I really miss them. I felt a tear run down my cheek and I let it, folding up myself, hugging my knees as I remembered the good old days. The days when I could be grounded because I came home too late. The days when someone would care if I didn't come home. When I could come home crying and have someone envelope me in hug. How I could just come into their room and they would know something was wrong and fix everything. Like when I couldn't figure out an assignment and they would help me.

I soon realized I was sobbing, the emotions I hadn't let out now released. And this wasn't even all of it. I never let myself let go completely. If I did right now, I wouldn't be able to get back up. I was so close to my parents. I told them everything, even when I got teased at school or when my crush in 5th grade made fun of me again. They are the ones who supported me when everyone in school was against me, including myself. I owe them to what I am, and they aren't by my side. They aren't 'a phone call away' like they said because they are too busy. I know they love me and want the best for me. I know that, and I thought this was going to be awesome when they told me. But now... I feel like a vulnerable child left in a store without a phone. The only thing that helps is to be busy myself. To be moving, talking, or thinking about anything but them.

I finally curled up, hugging my body, letting my strained tears fall. I didn't wipe my face. I didn't make a motion to crawl toward my bed. I just laid on my soft carpet floor and shut my eyes tight, praying that they would act as a dam to keep the tears away. I fell asleep like that, in the fetal position. I just want my parents... not even that, I just want someone to care enough to pay attention when I'm crying, just to hold me. Just to hug me when I'm sad, that's all I'm asking. Lila and Chester are awesome, but they aren't the best comforters. They listen for a few minutes and then try to make me stop. But sometimes you just can't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! if anythings is confusing, especially the switches in POV, please tell me. i want to make my readers happy! and please tell me who you love or hate! thanks again, love you all! sorry it took so long:( stupid, frustrating computer.